Do IEMs scale very well with rigs? (portable AND home)
Jul 24, 2007 at 11:49 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

elbrickodaviso

100+ Head-Fier
I noticed that a few of the better IEMs come with 1/4" adapters (like the triple.fi 10 pro). I also understand that IEMs are pretty efficient and even if they aren't sounding their best through, say, an iPod headphone jack, they still sound pretty darn good and retain the majority of their sonic quality and potential. Basically, I have the rig in my signature (that I would describe as quite neutral and very detailed for it's price) and I have a stock 5.5g 80gb iPod. Anyone know if IEMs like the TF10P or the Westone 3 will sound good through my home rig as well as the stock iPod?

I promise this will be my last topic about IEMs for a while. It's just that I thought this particular talking point might deserve its own new thread
tongue.gif

Jul 25, 2007 at 4:47 AM Post #3 of 6
Cool. Anyone have a detailed 'yes,' perhaps an example of experience? I need some encouragement
tongue.gif

Jul 25, 2007 at 10:47 AM Post #5 of 6
IEMs sound better with good amping the same way that highly sensitive full-size headphones sound better: fuller, more engaging, but not the night and day difference you get with high-impedance, low-sensitivity headphones that really need the juice to shine.

Jul 25, 2007 at 1:02 PM Post #6 of 6
Quote:

but not the night and day difference you get with high-impedance, low-sensitivity headphones that really need the juice to shine.

Very true

Users who are viewing this thread

Back