do i really need an amp?
Jun 9, 2012 at 4:01 AM Post #16 of 25
Quote:
I had just looked at both apps. from the specs it doesnt look like either app is compatable with my 2g itouch (only 3g and 4g). please correct me if im wrong

Hmm. I was hoping yours might not be 2G. My touch is 2G, same problem.

Equalizer was the only one I could get working.

It's simply called "Equalizer" < that is the app name.

Jun 9, 2012 at 7:08 AM Post #20 of 25
Quote:
well i bought it in the app store but couldnt transfer it to my ipod. once i get a wifi signal ill try and download it directly but from what iv been reading it looks like they compleatly phased out 2G suppors with their 3.0 update. looks like a wasted $3

I installed Equalizer  on my touch about five months ago. I know any further updates aren't supported on 2G, Hopefully you can still get it running on 2G's final version still. See how you go.

If you cannot, I'm sorry about that.

Jun 9, 2012 at 3:14 PM Post #21 of 25
Quote:
well the EQ on my ipod touch is the worst thing iv ever heard in my life. i looked at the Cowon J3 a few days ago but cant really justify a new source right now. iv been told the SQ isnt any better than what i already have 

well.. If you do go ahead and look at new players, I would highly suggest a rockboxed sansa clip + or clip zip, it's my preferred player atm.

Jun 10, 2012 at 2:10 AM Post #22 of 25
well i managed to get it installed on my ipod. all it took was a jailbreak, the install script and a little file management. so as of right now i have the newest version installed om my 2G and i gotta say its a lot more stable than i though it would be. the main issue I'm running into is that the next track starts whenever i change any EQ setting so i would have 2 tracks playing at the same time, at which point i would have to restart my ipod. but as long as i pause the track before i make changes it seems to be ok.

so far I'm very impressed with the app. makes my fiio seem useless. literally endless adjustments! as long as the app stays relatively stable I'll probably end up selling my amp. thanks for the help and advice guys!

Aug 25, 2015 at 5:35 PM Post #23 of 25
So I am using an iPod Nano 7th Gen with Sennheiser IE80, do I need an AMP like fiio E6 to bring up the quality in music, I am alright with how much loud it can get, just want more details and other stuff into them.

Any advice?

Thanks

Aug 25, 2015 at 11:45 PM Post #24 of 25

Quote:
  So I am using an iPod Nano 7th Gen with Sennheiser IE80, do I need an AMP like fiio E6 to bring up the quality in music, I am alright with how much loud it can get, just want more details and other stuff into them.

Any advice?

Thanks

I don't know if an E6 will be that much better than the nano on its own, but there are other options - the IE80 is a warmer IEM, known for a veil over the mids and highs - so details are not its strength. Not saying it isn't a great IEM - I enjoyed my time with it and the IE8. You might consider a different headphone if it is details you are after.

But amping a nano 7th isn't unheard of...

Aug 26, 2015 at 10:49 AM Post #25 of 25
iPod isn't a great audio playback device. It is a regular MP3 player, which purposes were to purely make sound from compressed digital files in the while saving space, and trade off for high quality music. So your question is Vast of which contain

1/ a quality play back device for audio and music
2/ linearity of power output.

In this case....iPod lack of quality. So adding an amp will definitely improve your iPod listening experience. Or simply sell it, and go for other more dedicated DAPs. You don't need amping for such sensitive around 32 ohms headphones.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back