"Do I need an amp?" Well, I'm glad you asked...
Aug 13, 2014 at 3:03 PM Post #47 of 115
Since they are only selling the 2's now, that doesn't work
wink_face.gif

(It's why I put the 1 in bold.)

Oh, sorry. I read it wrong and thought you only wanted the old version of the last one.

Here are archived links with specs for the old models:

Asgard
Lyr
Valhalla

Aug 13, 2014 at 4:52 PM Post #48 of 115
How is this thread not on the front of Head-Fi? : o
It certainly deserves to be, and at least in my opinion, more so than some of the reviews featured.

From the quick glance through I did, it seems that either the Lyr 2 or the Asgard 2 always come up at the top. Basically are you saying that these two amps are the only ones most people will ever need?

Nov 19, 2014 at 1:22 AM Post #49 of 115
Legit. Great work mate.

To echo a previous comment, would be nice to have an about page or FAQ. 

Request: AK10/A200P

Also- any plans for DAPs (including smart phones)?

Nov 19, 2014 at 1:59 AM Post #50 of 115
Legit. Great work mate.

To echo a previous comment, would be nice to have an about page or FAQ. 

Request: AK10/A200P

Also- any plans for DAPs (including smart phones)?

Smartphones are harder since most manufacturer does not give attention to their dmartphone's audio spec.

Nov 19, 2014 at 5:40 PM Post #52 of 115
Feb 7, 2015 at 12:52 AM Post #54 of 115
Looks great!

Feb 7, 2015 at 9:53 AM Post #55 of 115
Just read the entire thread and looked through the spreadsheet. Still have no idea how the delineations and the guesses on the OP's part give any indication as to what a given component sounds like. No offence to anyone, this essentially boils down to a study in audio ignorance.

Feb 7, 2015 at 10:21 AM Post #56 of 115
Just read the entire thread and looked through the spreadsheet. Still have no idea how the delineations and the guesses on the OP's part give any indication as to what a given component sounds like. No offence to anyone, this essentially boils down to a study in audio ignorance.

I don't think the OP's goal is to address how the hp/amp pairings sound.  As subjective as sound is - I don't know if that's even possible.  Subjectively speaking - one man's trash is another man's treasure.  Looks to me to be more of a spec based attempt to determine of whether or not an amp is capable of driving a particular pair of headphones, nothing more, nothing less.  Kudos to the OP for the time and effort they've put into it.  I find it useful.

As far as audio ignorance goes, that is your opinion.  While one may disagree - there's no need for harshness.

Feb 7, 2015 at 10:29 AM Post #57 of 115

This isnt about subjective artsy (ahem often times b$ descriptions) what does a pairig sound like. It simply a calculation of whether an amplifier has enough power for the headphone based on published specs. Amazing objective resource that does not fall victim to hype or bias.

Feb 7, 2015 at 10:33 AM Post #58 of 115
This isnt about subjective artsy (ahem often times b$ descriptions) what does a pairig sound like. It simply a calculation of whether an amplifier has enough power for the headphone based on published specs. Amazing objective resource that does not fall victim to hype or bias.

Based on naive specs and pure speculation. Okey-dokey.

Feb 7, 2015 at 10:42 AM Post #59 of 115
It comes down to subjective thresholds and willingness to spend money.  Every single headphone I've tried (and I've tried many) has sounded great out of my iPod Touch 4th gen, and only marginally better out of better stuff.  However, to other people, sounding marginally better means the difference between 'insufficient' and 'sufficient' amping.

Feb 7, 2015 at 10:42 AM Post #60 of 115
How is this thread not on the front of Head-Fi? : o
It certainly deserves to be, and at least in my opinion, more so than some of the reviews featured.

From the quick glance through I did, it seems that either the Lyr 2 or the Asgard 2 always come up at the top. Basically are you saying that these two amps are the only ones most people will ever need?

I have the Lyr 1, the Valhall 2 and tha Asgard 2. The only amps I will ever need?  Probably. The only amps I'll ever want or probably purchase? I doubt it. LOL

Users who are viewing this thread

Back