Do Brainwavz HM5 and Fischer FA-003 use the same drivers?
Dec 4, 2011 at 8:57 AM Post #31 of 90
It will be unlikely to have any concrete proof until next year. Even nobody knows whether Lindy's and FA-003 are exactly the same. They both share very similar FR under different testing environments. Just now, someone said they sounded the same on the 003 thread.

Dec 5, 2011 at 1:08 PM Post #32 of 90
I also jumped on the 100$ deal, and I hope it arrives fast and safe. I also got an E6 with it, and I do have a udac, so what do you guys think of the combo? Will I get some kind of improvement with udac+e6 as compared to udac alone? Also have an FA-011 for an open can, lets see how these compare....

Dec 7, 2011 at 1:20 AM Post #33 of 90
I have been sent the HM5 from D2K and have to say everything he says is completely true. The HM5 are incredible bang for the buck and I'm highly considering ordering a pair. These are built better than any other headphone in the ~$100 range, I'm absolutely stunned at how well built they are to be honest, everything is absolutely solid. Sound wise, these are everything I've been looking for, incredibly neutral and clean sounding with great extension on both ends. They remind me of a closed version of my Ad900 but cleaned up with almost no grain. These are fantastic and I'm so tempted to order a pair now...

As for amping, I believe that these are easily driven from even my Macbook Pro, but they definitely improve with amping. I'm very impressed.

Dec 7, 2011 at 6:28 AM Post #34 of 90
Just wondering if anyone pre-ordering these is from the UK, i was thinking of getting a pair but i noticed the only place that appears to actually have them for order on Brainwavz's where to buy section is MP4Nation. As they are based in Hong Kong i would presumably get hit for Import Tax etc. so these would not really be worth it.

Dec 7, 2011 at 10:48 PM Post #35 of 90

Quote:
Just wondering if anyone pre-ordering these is from the UK, i was thinking of getting a pair but i noticed the only place that appears to actually have them for order on Brainwavz's where to buy section is MP4Nation. As they are based in Hong Kong i would presumably get hit for Import Tax etc. so these would not really be worth it.

I don't think you will be.
According to: http://customs.hmrc.gov.uk/channelsPortalWebApp/channelsPortalWebApp.portal?_nfpb=true&_pageLabel=pageTravel_ShowContent&id=HMCE_CL_000014&propertyType=document#P37_3361

"If you are sent a gift with a value of £40 or less, and which complies with the rules shown in paragraph 2.5, it will be free from customs duty and import VAT, but this does not include alcohol, tobacco, perfumes and toilet waters."

I think MP4Nation sends all their packages marked for customs as gifts valued at US$25, so you should be free from customs duty and import VAT.

Dec 8, 2011 at 12:59 AM Post #38 of 90
There's a video review by d2k, but I think some photos to be included in the review (if possible) would be nice for us.

Dec 8, 2011 at 4:41 AM Post #39 of 90

Quote:
I don't think you will be.
According to: http://customs.hmrc.gov.uk/channelsPortalWebApp/channelsPortalWebApp.portal?_nfpb=true&_pageLabel=pageTravel_ShowContent&id=HMCE_CL_000014&propertyType=document#P37_3361

"If you are sent a gift with a value of £40 or less, and which complies with the rules shown in paragraph 2.5, it will be free from customs duty and import VAT, but this does not include alcohol, tobacco, perfumes and toilet waters."

I think MP4Nation sends all their packages marked for customs purchases as gifts valued at US$25, so you should be free from customs duty and import VAT.

Hey cheers for the info, if that's true about MP4Nation then that would be great. It's just Frogbeats are selling the FA-003 (the 'new' version apparently) so i was thinking about just getting them, but should be £36 less to order these. I think i will give it up until the 16th just to see if anyone else gets them in though.

Dec 8, 2011 at 9:15 PM Post #42 of 90
It's just the one review as of now, still awaiting the second review by keanex.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back