do beyerdynamic DT 770 PRO 80 Ohm need an amp? mobile and PC use.
Oct 31, 2018 at 12:20 AM Post #31 of 34
To be sure if you have any doubts.

Write in to Fiio or ask them on their Facebook page as they have messenger enabled.

Or any other reputable provider of Amp / Dacs.

Give them the full specs of your headphones and ask them what Amp / Dac would be best suited to your needs.

If terms of what Fiio offer: My money is on either the Fiio Q5 or the Q1mk2.

Also something to be aware of when using a Dac / Amp, is the Volume of your Music.

Loud music is great and all. And you will be tempted to turn it up as high as it goes like most of us do.

But I would advise using caution as prolonged loud music exposure can damage your ears over time and won’t be immediately obvious.

An indication your music was too loud is if you get ringing in your ears after a session. Or if people tell you that you talk to loud.

Happy listening.

Oct 31, 2018 at 8:09 AM Post #32 of 34
To be sure if you have any doubts.

Write in to Fiio or ask them on their Facebook page as they have messenger enabled.

Or any other reputable provider of Amp / Dacs.

Give them the full specs of your headphones and ask them what Amp / Dac would be best suited to your needs.

If terms of what Fiio offer: My money is on either the Fiio Q5 or the Q1mk2.

Also something to be aware of when using a Dac / Amp, is the Volume of your Music.

Loud music is great and all. And you will be tempted to turn it up as high as it goes like most of us do.

But I would advise using caution as prolonged loud music exposure can damage your ears over time and won’t be immediately obvious.

An indication your music was too loud is if you get ringing in your ears after a session. Or if people tell you that you talk to loud.

Happy listening.

Thank you for the long explanation. I do want my music loud to an extent of course. I was just wondering in terms of features and sound quality which would be the better suit.

Oct 31, 2018 at 8:13 AM Post #33 of 34
Not all DAC/AMPs have gain toggles, and most don't have a bass boost.

Driving audio reproduction devices with greater ___ while mobile is going to be negligible.

The output on DACs/AMPs are varied. You're not always going to have the unbalanced option, and this again is a marginal difference.

Tl;DR: You're not exactly getting sold snake oil, but they are hyping up something that will make very little difference for an 80 Ohm DT 770.

If you have headphones that are hard to drive an amp will help, yes. The DT 770 is not hard to drive at all. It was made for plug and play into laptops, phones, whatever. You also don't need the 250 ohm version of this headphone. The difference between the two will be exceptionally hard to notice in your use case. If you really want to do this go ahead. I'm just saying you don't need these things. There is no significant difference, especially not one you'd notice while commuting etc.

Alright thank for the feedback.

The only reason I want an amp is for getting better lows and better quality whilst using my phone commuting/use at my pc to also improve quality as I want to start listening to Flac audio. I've never heard of a pair of headphones that have sounded great that plug in play into the phone. Most of them are very very loud in highs and lack in the lows by a long shot.

Oct 31, 2018 at 8:15 AM Post #34 of 34
I don’t have either but the E17 brings more power for single ended as the headphones you want are not saying it’s better just has more power to bring and I’m all for more power. Don’t take my word for anything it is just my opinion on most of this . As you should on others. Take everything you hear here with a grain of salt as we like what we like and hear what we hear so it does not work for everyone.

Okay, The thing is, is that I want to have some spare power but I much prefer quality and features than an excess of raw unused power.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back