DMS Project Omega - Now Available for Pre-Order
Apr 12, 2024 at 4:43 PM Post #16 of 59
I would grab a set but if the Modhouse Tungsten has taught me anything, it's that I am not patient enough to wait 3 months for anything.

Apr 12, 2024 at 7:29 PM Post #17 of 59
The measurement look very promising, but I don't like the new headband adjustment, it looks awful, which one applies, the one in the picture or the one similar to Fostex that is on DME's video?

Last edited:
Apr 13, 2024 at 12:11 AM Post #19 of 59
now headphones.com only needs to enable shipping to Europe.
Luckily shipping is available on the DMS Project Omega to most countries around the world.

Our shipping restrictions on regular products are set by manufacturers, not Headphones.com. We’d love to ship every thing we sell all over the world if we could!

headphones.com Stay updated on headphones.com at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.headphones.com/ andrew@headphones.com
Apr 13, 2024 at 2:44 AM Post #21 of 59
Congrats to DMS for this. Hopefully the first of many great headphones to come. I look forward to hearing this at a future canjam.

Apr 13, 2024 at 2:54 AM Post #22 of 59
Any impressions from the few people that bought it ?

Apr 13, 2024 at 12:48 PM Post #23 of 59
Congrats DMS on the new project.

Apr 13, 2024 at 3:33 PM Post #24 of 59
Congrats DMS, thanks to this project you are showing the American dynamics are still high among your generation, I am sure it will be a success, hope you are working on a closed back version to confirm your expertise in this field, and make happy the other part of the market which will love to use your Omega closed on the go !

Apr 13, 2024 at 6:32 PM Post #25 of 59
Oh MY, that is literally the ugliest headphone I've ever seen. :scream:

But I'd still love if it sounds great! :beyersmile:

EDIT: Why couldn't they at least have NOT made that part red? Just awful... :sweat_smile:
EDIT 2: But they do look super-comfortable.
When I saw them I thought that this just must be a prototype.

Apr 14, 2024 at 2:20 AM Post #26 of 59
1000017268.jpg

I'm getting Borealis vibes.

Apr 14, 2024 at 10:45 AM Post #29 of 59
Oh, I see.

In DMS' Omega introductory video on YouTube. While he did not break it down by the individual dollar, he did go on about how he fell upon that 1k usd.

He mentioned the higher price was mostly to cover the cost of warranty. As in the ability to be ready for loses from repair or people just going through Buyer's Remorse.

In other words, all the losses from shipping costs, labor, and selling returned items as refurbished at a cheaper price (and many other associating factors that I haven't thought of).

Last edited:
Apr 14, 2024 at 10:51 AM Post #30 of 59
Oh, I see.

In DMS' Omega introductory video on YouTube. While he did not break it down by the individual dollar, he did go on about how he fell upon that 1k usd.

He mentioned the higher price was mostly to cover the cost of warranty. As in the ability to be ready for loses from repair or people just going through Buyer's Remorse.

In other words, all the losses from shipping costs, labor, and selling returned items as refurbished at a cheaper price.
That makes good sense, thank you.
At $1000 I think the gamble is a good one for DMS but not for customers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back