DJ headphones.
Jul 24, 2009 at 8:51 PM Post #16 of 28
I use both ears if I'm at home and don't want to disturb whatever lady is sleeping in my bed 5 feet away...haha.

Jul 24, 2009 at 9:58 PM Post #18 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by Graphicism /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Richie Hawtin (plastikman)

Hehe, wasn't sure if my sarcasm would come through...guess it didn't.

Saw Hawtin destroy Circus in LA a few times in 2002. Been a fan ever since. That was back when he was repping Stanton's OG version of Serato (can't even remember what it was called). I remember being baffled at the fact that he wasn't changing vinyl. My how times have changed...

Jul 24, 2009 at 10:28 PM Post #19 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by cknelson15 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Saw Hawtin destroy Circus in LA a few times in 2002. Been a fan ever since. That was back when he was repping Stanton's OG version of Serato (can't even remember what it was called). I remember being baffled at the fact that he wasn't changing vinyl. My how times have changed...

For me was the Krakpot on Maxi (Plus 8 Records) the minimal acid happy days, back in 93.
wink_face.gif

Jul 24, 2009 at 11:47 PM Post #23 of 28
Here is some good info on the Ortofons vs. the Ultrasones.

The official word from Ultrasone on the matter: “ORTOFON O-one headphones are different in color design and they also use different drivers. But they feature our patented S-Logic-Technology and MU metal shielding.”

The review of the Ortofon sets is actually pretty detailed. It's the only one I've found on the net.

Jul 25, 2009 at 12:21 AM Post #24 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by cknelson15 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Hah, that's funny, I'm always sarcastic I piss a few of my friends off with it so it serves me right!
wink.gif
Thing is these DJs don't really care about audio, as long as it sounds right and reproduces the sound loud without distortion there happy.

Jul 25, 2009 at 3:36 AM Post #25 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by Graphicism /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hah, that's funny, I'm always sarcastic I piss a few of my friends off with it so it serves me right!
wink.gif
Thing is these DJs don't really care about audio, as long as it sounds right and reproduces the sound loud without distortion there happy.

I would like to give the Djs a little more credit, some of them are producers too.
biggrin.gif

Jul 25, 2009 at 4:19 AM Post #26 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by Acix /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I would like to give the Djs a little more credit, some of them are producers too.
biggrin.gif

True but I've seen producers use Dr. Dre Beats, to them more bass = better. I've also noticed how every studio in BBCs Radio 1 has a pair of DT 770s, again more bass = better.

Jul 26, 2009 at 9:40 AM Post #27 of 28
Just putting a word in for the DJ1's. I've owned my pair for sometime now and have used them for djing and mixing live sound extensively. They are an extraordinary pair of cans. Excellent sound, exactly bass that seems to only get better with time, and durability that lends me alot of confidence in them.
I'd say.... Go for the Dj1's.

Aug 23, 2011 at 8:02 AM Post #28 of 28
i've been wanting to get the German Maestros for a while now. Did you list the Ultrasones first because you think they sound better or they are more durable and more flexibility (turning cups and foldibility)? I DJ techno/house, so I dont do a lot of scratching, active beat juggling etc. so the headphones pretty much stay on my head with the occasional lifting of one cup to check the house speakers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back