DJ headphones.
Jul 24, 2009 at 4:48 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 28

iHelp

500+ Head-Fier
I'm in a search of a high-quality DJ style headphone.

Looks and comfort are important to me, as well as sound quality.

Something contemporary. New, flashy. Nothing dorky.
confused_face.gif

up to about $150. $200 MAX if it's a a large improvement.

Thanks!

Jul 24, 2009 at 5:06 AM Post #3 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by Acix /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ultrasone Pro DJ1, as well the pro-550/580. The second option will be the GMP 8.35 D Monitor.

My only question is: Are the 580's usable with an iPod? Are they 32 ohms?

Jul 24, 2009 at 5:42 AM Post #6 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by Graphicism /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I believe Alienware released a re-branded copy of the Ultrasones called Ozma 5 for a lot less, last I saw they were available on ebay for under $100.

Yes, as well the Ortofon O One, the question is if they share the same driver.

Jul 24, 2009 at 6:02 PM Post #8 of 28
I can vouch for the Ultrasone DJ1 Pro's. They're sick.

Jul 24, 2009 at 6:38 PM Post #10 of 28
yeah, i was having the same dilemma, choosing between the HD-25's and something a bit off the beaten path. I wanted something to double as high-quality home listening cans for electronic music and the Ultrasones were getting a ton of hype in this department. I haven't heard the HD-25's so I can't comment on their sound, but I've heard a few people say that the DJ1 Pro's sound better and livelier for listening and a pro DJ friend of mine said that they don't offer as much isolation in a loud club because of their supra-aural design.

Plus the DJ1 Pro's come with two different cables, a replacement set of earpads, and a hard back carrying case for $35 more than the Senn's.

Who knows, really. I'm sure either would suit your needs just fine. I happen to dig the sound the S-Logic technology and the look of the Ultrasones. One word of caution though, the Ultrasones are HUGE.

Jul 24, 2009 at 7:04 PM Post #11 of 28
Jul 24, 2009 at 8:18 PM Post #13 of 28
Quote:

Here is one DJ...

Haha. Who is this Hawtin guy anyways? I doubt anyone knows who he is...

Jul 24, 2009 at 8:21 PM Post #14 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by cknelson15 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
yeah, i was having the same dilemma, choosing between the HD-25's and something a bit off the beaten path. I wanted something to double as high-quality home listening cans for electronic music and the Ultrasones were getting a ton of hype in this department. I haven't heard the HD-25's so I can't comment on their sound, but I've heard a few people say that the DJ1 Pro's sound better and livelier for listening and a pro DJ friend of mine said that they don't offer as much isolation in a loud club because of their supra-aural design.

Plus the DJ1 Pro's come with two different cables, a replacement set of earpads, and a hard back carrying case for $35 more than the Senn's.

Who knows, really. I'm sure either would suit your needs just fine. I happen to dig the sound the S-Logic technology and the look of the Ultrasones. One word of caution though, the Ultrasones are HUGE.

Ultrasones get a lot of hype from about one person here who manages to stir it all up.
wink_face.gif

Quote:

Here is one DJ...

Image fight?

hixxy7_small.jpg

Jul 24, 2009 at 8:41 PM Post #15 of 28
Quote:

Ultrasone Pro DJ1, as well the pro-550/580. The second option will be the GMP 8.35 D Monitor.

Acix:Head-fi's Ultrasone Premier sponsor! (jk
beyersmile.png
)

In all seriousness though, wouldn't a headset (one phone and a mic) be perfect for DJ's anyway? They only use one headphone cup and use a mic...lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back