DIY your own Theme for your lovely X3
Dec 24, 2014 at 10:24 AM Post #376 of 678
I liked Mr Trev's theme too. I likes the bright white theme best as it was so easy to read. The X3 just look so much nicer when the screen was really bright. I also liked the white background fro when the battery was charging when it was off. I am hoping that a similar theme can be made for FW3.3 sometime :)

I still would be using that theme from 3.0 if it wasn't for the sound quality being a little bit better in 3.22b.

Dec 24, 2014 at 12:45 PM Post #377 of 678
Just got the new fw, I'll try to have the themes updated this year
biggrin.gif

Dec 25, 2014 at 3:51 PM Post #386 of 678
I have a ? for anyone here ..

I wanted to change the color of the "battery charging" png's .. to match my theme color from the default green.

However .. when I change them in Paint .. the battery charging does not display properly. It shows the 0-5 bars then goes to another view and then returns to the battery display.
The default firmware files work fine.

I have not had any problems changing any of the other files at all. They all worked fine with my new color.

Also ... is there a way to slow down the boot time ? I would like it to be slower .. to view my boot images a bit longer.

Dec 25, 2014 at 6:00 PM Post #387 of 678
  I have a ? for anyone here ..

I wanted to change the color of the "battery charging" png's .. to match my theme color from the default green.

However .. when I change them in Paint .. the battery charging does not display properly. It shows the 0-5 bars then goes to another view and then returns to the battery display.
The default firmware files work fine.

I have not had any problems changing any of the other files at all. They all worked fine with my new color.

Also ... is there a way to slow down the boot time ? I would like it to be slower .. to view my boot images a bit longer.

What other view does it switch too?
Assuming you still have all 7 pngs, the first thing I'd check is make sure none of the sizes/formats got changed from 43x80 png. Other than that I'm not sure what else could be the problem.
Don't think you can slow the boot animations down, but I do think I've read if you change all the gfx to blank it can boot faster.

Dec 25, 2014 at 6:56 PM Post #388 of 678
  What other view does it switch too?
Assuming you still have all 7 pngs, the first thing I'd check is make sure none of the sizes/formats got changed from 43x80 png. Other than that I'm not sure what else could be the problem.
Don't think you can slow the boot animations down, but I do think I've read if you change all the gfx to blank it can boot faster.

Hmm .. well I went in and numbered them to see what was happening .. and well egg on my face. It is working fine now. I checked and all the file sizes are the same as I would expect.

So .. it is working.

Dec 27, 2014 at 8:48 PM Post #389 of 678
Here is my theme ...  it is basic but I think it gets the job done. It is for Firmware version 3.3

The themes that I changed are 2 and 5 .. the rest are the default. Let me know .. if you think there can be improvements.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bwp7efYuPlB2VTRyYXpnOEhyMDg/view?usp=sharing

Just click on Download at the top.  It is Google Drive .. a bit different than some people are using here.

Dec 27, 2014 at 10:12 PM Post #390 of 678

Hmm .. well I went in and numbered them to see what was happening .. and well egg on my face. It is working fine now. I checked and all the file sizes are the same as I would expect.

So .. it is working.

Good stuff, making a new theme :)

If you haven't fixed your issue with including slower graphics, just make multiple images the same. I.E, if you had 12 boot .pngs, make 1,2,3 the same image.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back