DIY your own Theme for your lovely X3
May 28, 2014 at 7:41 PM Post #121 of 678
Haha! I was hoping this thread would be brought back to life after the 3.0 update. I'm going to begin thinking of a theme to make, anyone making a theme related to anime.. Please do consider making another one for this update! :D

May 29, 2014 at 12:49 AM Post #122 of 678
So, do we think making the "adjustment" UI linear instead of semi-circular is as easy as replacing the .png files?  If so, I'm all over that!

And I'm already modding the list-based 2.14b theme earlier in the thread to include my startup, shutdown, and "no artwork" mods.

Ah, but having children reigns me in...

May 29, 2014 at 6:45 AM Post #123 of 678
If only the testing program worked for the new firmware, it would be so much easier.

Anything to get away from the circular menus would be excellent!

May 29, 2014 at 9:36 AM Post #124 of 678
Hey all. Here's a beta UI for the beta firmware. It is list based (apparently some people like that sort of thing
wink.gif
) I already included the volume mod, and put sleep/standby in the correct positions. There is still much to do, but I probably won't bother right now since no-one knows what will change by the time the final is released (seems like there's still a fair bit of x5 stuff still in there too). If anybody has suggestions (or better, wants to tweak it themselves) feel free.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/zojw56zhiuofofg/list%20view.7z

Enjoy.

Thank you Mr Trev!
Then I made customized theme which based your theme and Ver3.0 Official theme.And I changed font file which supports Japanese Kanji charactor.

I want to upload this customized theme for Japanese users.
I want to get you permission, so I post this.

If you allow me to upload this theme, pls reply me.

May 29, 2014 at 2:56 PM Post #125 of 678
Hmmm. I thought the font I used had Kanji already - at least some of the Boris tracks I have show properly.
By all means feel free to tweak any of my themes, just remember to post them back here for all to enjoy.

Which leads me to my recent theme updated to 3.0.
 https://www.dropbox.com/s/fxb56cxw7hmjqnv/x3_3.zip

You can see a mock up in the previous post. I attempted to switch the order of the list (making Browse/Database the first selection), but it seems the scroll order is hard coded. Made some other tweaks here and there - changed the music op. from a round gfx to list, some adjusts to make it easier to see outdoors (still not perfect, but at least now you can see your selection).
Enjoy..

May 29, 2014 at 3:14 PM Post #127 of 678
Mr. Trev. Just now trying it out and it looks real nice. One thing i notice it that the text in the "title bar" on the top seems not to be centered. It's a little too far to the right and sometimes pushes into the icons there. could it be moved left/centered a little bit?

May 29, 2014 at 4:11 PM Post #132 of 678
Ha Ha! You got that right!
  My bad. Fiio did move the coords since 2.14. What's a Fiio UI mod without a few bugs of its own
wink.gif

You should be able to grab a fixed version from the same link.

Ha Ha! Boy isn't that the truth!
Thanks for the theme. I like it better than the stock one which is half icons and half list.

May 29, 2014 at 7:47 PM Post #134 of 678
Hmmm. I thought the font I used had Kanji already - at least some of the Boris tracks I have show properly.
By all means feel free to tweak any of my themes, just remember to post them back here for all to enjoy.

Which leads me to my recent theme updated to 3.0.
 https://www.dropbox.com/s/fxb56cxw7hmjqnv/x3_3.zip

You can see a mock up in the previous post. I attempted to switch the order of the list (making Browse/Database the first selection), but it seems the scroll order is hard coded. Made some other tweaks here and there - changed the music op. from a round gfx to list, some adjusts to make it easier to see outdoors (still not perfect, but at least now you can see your selection).
Enjoy..

Thanks man ...always wait for yr theme everytime new fw comes out ...simple and easy to read ...u nailz it each time ...brilliant.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back