DIY your own Theme for your lovely X3
May 4, 2014 at 11:34 PM Post #106 of 678
  Thanks Mr Trev!

Looks great, anyway to swap the Browse & Playing or are the menu positions hard coded?
beerchug.gif

Just did a quick experiment. Seems like the order in the launcher.ini (coordinates) file is the order that they'll show up on the x3, so you could have any position/order you like. Of course if those are changed, then the text on the bg image will need to be changed too. I'd leave something like that to the individuals to change since that'll be up to personal preference. 

May 5, 2014 at 1:11 AM Post #107 of 678
Hey all. Here's a beta UI for the beta firmware. It is list based (apparently some people like that sort of thing:wink: ) I already included the volume mod, and put sleep/standby in the correct positions. There is still much to do, but I probably won't bother right now since no-one knows what will change by the time the final is released (seems like there's still a fair bit of x5 stuff still in there too). If anybody has suggestions (or better, wants to tweak it themselves) feel free.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/zojw56zhiuofofg/list%20view.7z

Enjoy.

Looks good. Will give a try. Guessing it's built on 2.14?

May 5, 2014 at 5:11 PM Post #109 of 678
how does one get this to work?

I have 2.14b on my x3, have downloaded this to the root of the sd card but there is nothing there to select as a theme???

cheers

May 5, 2014 at 5:34 PM Post #111 of 678
many thanks, so is this the whole fw or just a theme? may explain my wrong doing if the whole fw

actually, it doesn't download as a zip, it states as ....

list view.7z

is that correct?

**edit**

try winzip:)

May 5, 2014 at 6:51 PM Post #112 of 678
I use 7zip since it's completely free. I'm pretty sure winzip/winrar should handle the .7z files. If it is an issue for people I can switch to .zip in the future.

All mods end up as a complete firmware. The modding process involves unpacking the original firmware, changing gfx, etc., then repacking it.
Personally I have no problem if people want to unpack my UI mods and tweak away, but it's far more work for everyone if I just u/l'd the modded files instead of the whole firmware.

I also should've mentioned that all the other themes will be all buggered. They should still work, but any changes to the coordinate files are global across all themes, and the icons positions will still be in the same place as on my theme.

May 8, 2014 at 2:50 AM Post #113 of 678
Is there any info on the release of a new version of the liteGUI.exe virtualisation tool?

I've asked both JamesFiiO and Joe Bloggs, but they don't seem to want to respond.

May 8, 2014 at 3:10 AM Post #115 of 678
CH23: Haven't heard anything. A GUI for modding the X5 interface would be especially nice, so you could drag n drop graphical elements instead of fiddling with coordinates in a text file...

I just think it takes a long time to update the firmware for every edit you make. What we had for the old X3 firmware was great.

May 8, 2014 at 12:46 PM Post #116 of 678
I just think it takes a long time to update the firmware for every edit you make. What we had for the old X3 firmware was great.

I completely agree. Especially when it comes to moving icons around and such. So much easier to test on the computer like before.

Has anybody tested resizing the gfx? I remember earlier firmware was pretty picky about image sizes, but with my newest mods, I've been able to crop/shrink the gfx without any probs. Haven't tried going bigger yet.

May 28, 2014 at 5:06 PM Post #118 of 678
  Do you know if we can tweak the theme with the new X3 Firmware (3.0) ? Espacially can we still move the order of the items in the main menu ?

Yup, the firmware tools still works. In the firmware file there is a folder called coordinates. The controls the order and position of the menu icons.
Have fun and upload your results

May 28, 2014 at 6:07 PM Post #119 of 678
Thank you ! I'll play with all this when I have some time (end of June or July). My priority was to switch the item in the main menu because I only use Folders and the item is to far (4 clicks) for me. I'm a little bit disapointed with the text interface of the UI 3.0 (coming from 2.0.5) mainly because I really liked the use of White/Gray to show the selection. Why? Because, even with the lower lightness, we can still see on wich file the "cursor" is. Now with all withe and two bar surrounding the selection, I loose this good UI trick. Will see if I can put it back.

May 28, 2014 at 7:14 PM Post #120 of 678
Looking forward to a "Browse First" theme with a high contrast selector... I'll have to tinker a little with my limited skinning skills.
:beerchug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back