DIY Ground Box Thread
Dec 27, 2023 at 10:56 PM Post #1,336 of 1,608
After reading the whole thread, I'm gonna give a try. @cdacosta I can't find where you advised trying first with a wire directly into a plastic bag filled with the material: was is a bag of tourmaline or magnetite? If magnetite, should I go for small crush or powder? Thanks!
* Would attach to DAC's input or output RCA jack first.
* 7lb (3KG) bag of natural magnetite. Place bag in a small cardboard box to keep it from moving.
* If you do not want to spend the money or bother using better wire and solderless connector until you know the whole idea works, use the best 12ga. to 10ga. stranded copper wire you have. Use a wire tie like in the pic (disregard alligator clip in pic, is for something else) to secure in place.
* Make sure you clean the ground/outside of the component's RCA jack with 91% or better isopropyl alcohol first.

The above will give you 30% or so of what a tuned ground box and cable will provide.

Attachments

• Ground box BNC install.jpg
    Ground box BNC install.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 0
Dec 28, 2023 at 9:31 AM Post #1,338 of 1,608
Thank you very much, I'll follow your guidelines. Do you advise to go for crushed or powder magnetite?
sand, like you see in the pics in this thread.

Dec 31, 2023 at 5:09 PM Post #1,340 of 1,608
Just a minor update, had a further play with RS.
Firstly l tried adding 3g RC outside the cases of my Nord 1ET400A Monoblocks near the psu, this slightly altered the air of recordings, so l removed.
Next l made some small bags of RS at 1.3grams, and place them in front of the Nord LED power buttons.
Excellent... more insight, thanks cdacosta, l then did the same on 3 other Zero Zone 01 psu's... result yet again.
Don't get me wrong, it may not be pleasing on the eyes, but l have to admit at being surprised that more improvements can be had after having treated so much with RS.
l found l had to drag myself away from listening, l call that a result, and perfect way to end 2023.

Last edited:
Jan 1, 2024 at 6:58 AM Post #1,341 of 1,608
do we have any idea how hBN works ? is it the mass of material or the lattice nature of the compound [like graphine]? If its the latter then sticking multiple flat nano platelets to the glue of say sticky tape may provide an easy application method. Im currently tryi ng this methodology, the hBN makes a very thin layer on cellotape !

Jan 1, 2024 at 12:09 PM Post #1,343 of 1,608
do we have any idea how hBN works ? is it the mass of material or the lattice nature of the compound [like graphine]? If its the latter then sticking multiple flat nano platelets to the glue of say sticky tape may provide an easy application method. Im currently tryi ng this methodology, the hBN makes a very thin layer on cellotape !
Excellent idea! Try and tell us what you find out. I have been too slammed at work to focus on HBN.

Jan 1, 2024 at 12:46 PM Post #1,345 of 1,608
Jan 2, 2024 at 8:31 AM Post #1,348 of 1,608
All this because I bought grounding tubes off AliExpress, lol.

Jan 2, 2024 at 12:38 PM Post #1,349 of 1,608
All this because I bought grounding tubes off AliExpress, lol.
Have you tried the Rochelle salt AC home wiring tweak?

Jan 3, 2024 at 2:59 AM Post #1,350 of 1,608

Users who are viewing this thread

Back