DIY Earbuds
Jul 18, 2021 at 5:13 AM Post #3,766 of 4,707
Doing some measurements earlier and noticed some severe imbalance on my white LB earbuds.

Ks LB 20.jpg

I had been hoping to get a hold of a pair of broken driver or cable K's earbuds with the bell shaped housing for my next diy build. Unfortunately the one person that did have a pair threw them out the day before I contacted them :poop:. But looking at the graph I guess I now have a pair of donor shells...

Jul 19, 2021 at 11:55 AM Post #3,768 of 4,707

Just received 130Ohm LCP drivers into my inbox and put them into a pair of mx500 with black horseshoe foam.

Not bad at all, I'll let them burn before any more feedbacks.
Do any of you already tested them?
this one https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005002567236834.html?
I expecting it this week. I order my LPC from here but there is only 32ohm and 120ohm version.
It's look the same and it has better price. BTW... It’s not cheap at all, so better be good

Last edited:
Jul 19, 2021 at 2:10 PM Post #3,770 of 4,707
Jul 19, 2021 at 3:31 PM Post #3,773 of 4,707
It's just my first impression :). I've listened to them 20 minutes on my Chord Mojo, which is not known to provide huge sound stage.
:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: Because of narrow soundstage and intimate sound, I switched from IEMs to buds a few years ago and never look back.
Last year, DLC driver was quite popular due to its very good implementation in BLON IEMs. Then some buds appeared with this driver, but none of them really became famous.
Maybe LPC is one of those drivers that just works better with IEM. We will see

Jul 22, 2021 at 11:22 AM Post #3,774 of 4,707
After 70 hours of burn and 5 hours of listening, my point of view has completely changed.

I will take 130Ohm beryllium as a reference for the following feedback.

Presentation :

With LCP you are surrounded by the music. Bery seems to be more distant.

Sound Stage :

I was totally wrong. The sound stage is wide and deep. As the music surround me, the first impression was an intimate soundstage.

Bass :

Bass with LCP are more impactful than bery, even though I prefer Bery's bass texture.

Mids :

Wow effect there, because you will be in the middle of everything. Still prefer smoothness of bery.

Trebles :

Trebles are more precise than bery without being harsher.

Details :

Lot more detailed than bery, but is it the fact that the presentation is not the same?

I don't really know currently. I need more listening to identify of it's true or not.

Those drivers are more fatiguing than bery, which as a more relaxing sound.

Paired with a warm source previous statement may be false.

To conclude very good driver, I love them :)

Jul 24, 2021 at 3:09 PM Post #3,775 of 4,707
Dang, my 64ohm Black Dot Titanium broke (coil glue got loose, driver flex), and those very pairs were one of my first diy projects too ☹️ it's okay though since it's been a year since.

Soooo I'm going to buy another pair again LOL. Also, I'm going to buy the biodyna big solders, 150ohm Foster drivers and an OP139 along with it since I gotta treat myself on my birthday 🥳

I'm gonna do a mega big solder comparison when the drivers come since they're pretty much complete now, with the exception of some red dot variants, though I don't really expect a big change on them that much so I skipped it.

I also bought a Zishan U1 (ESS variant) because my beloved Meizu Hifi DAC can't power some of my builds anymore. Can't wait to tell everything to you guys!

Jul 24, 2021 at 3:33 PM Post #3,776 of 4,707
Dang, my 64ohm Black Dot Titanium broke (coil glue got loose, driver flex), and those very pairs were one of my first diy projects too ☹️ it's okay though since it's been a year since.

Soooo I'm going to buy another pair again LOL. Also, I'm going to buy the biodyna big solders, 150ohm Foster drivers and an OP139 along with it since I gotta treat myself on my birthday 🥳

I'm gonna do a mega big solder comparison when the drivers come since they're pretty much complete now, with the exception of some red dot variants, though I don't really expect a big change on them that much so I skipped it.

I also bought a Zishan U1 (ESS variant) because my beloved Meizu Hifi DAC can't power some of my builds anymore. Can't wait to tell everything to you guys!
150ohm Foster drivers and an OP139 links?

Jul 24, 2021 at 3:44 PM Post #3,778 of 4,707
Last edited:
Jul 24, 2021 at 3:53 PM Post #3,779 of 4,707
How do you know this is Foster driver?

Looks cool but for me only drawback is high sensitivity (118dB)
You can identify it as a Foster when the seller calls it Fengda or Funda, which is basically Foster in Chinese.

I tackled it on the big solder megapost I did months back, but you can identify a Foster/Foster-type driver with a 2 solder dots* and an extended pcb to the coil vent. The big solders are technically Foster made drivers but would rather call em by their own name because of their unique pcb layout.

These are also the very same type of drivers that Sennheiser uses on the MX series of earbuds.

Also, I personally don't think high sensitivity is a drawback for earbuds. I wanna encourage efficiency as possible for convenience, especially for people like me back then starting out and not having a great source other than a phone. It's a portable medium afterall, but hey, it's a preference 👌

Last edited:
Jul 24, 2021 at 3:59 PM Post #3,780 of 4,707
Also, I personally don't think high sensitivity is a drawback for earbuds. I wanna encourage efficiency as possible for convenience, especially for people like me back then starting out and not having a great source other than a phone. It's a portable medium afterall, but hey, it's a preference 👌
Yup. It's definitely personal preference :beerchug:

Here is link for ShoonTH ESEP-01BL on Ali, if someone don't like Penon.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back