DIY Earbuds
Apr 3, 2024 at 8:25 AM Post #4,696 of 4,714
I have a couple pairs of the 300ohm PET drivers in my parts chest at home so I'll definitely have to give them a shot. I don't find them to be particularly similar to the 130 Berys, but that's based upon using them in one of my earliest builds so maybe I'm remembering wrong. I also have some 500ohm Berys on their way with the order I placed last week so it's nice to hear that they might be similar.

I want high some high impedance drivers because I'm doing this build specifically to create a pair of buds to run off my Bottle head Crack w/ Speedball which is an OTL Tube amp. I have found that lower impedance buds/drivers just don't sound their best through the BHC which is to be expected for an OTL t7be design.

Thanks for the advice. I legit appreciate it. 👍😎
Oh, that's why. The 300 Blue Pet doesn't sound similar to the 130 Bery. (I'm just giving you another good recommendation to try out.) There aren't many options for higher impedances other than those custom-requested ones, like those from Huayunxin. Have you tried adding resistors to the 130 ohms or use impedance adapters instead? And see how it pairs with your amp.

Last edited:
Apr 4, 2024 at 4:47 PM Post #4,697 of 4,714
Newest build with the 130 Ohm beryllium drivers. For the tuning I kept the original filter on the driver, a medium HS on the shell, and drilled a small vent on the back of the shell. I'll probably play around with with some different tuning and shells in the future, but for now I'm happy with the sound.
IMG_20240404_153315436.jpg

Apr 13, 2024 at 2:11 AM Post #4,698 of 4,714
Last edited:
Apr 16, 2024 at 9:03 PM Post #4,700 of 4,714
I got these in the mail the other day. It looks like the MMCX connectors will need to be glued in, but the only glue I have on hand is the E6000, which I think is too soft to make this connection secure. Any recommendations for glue?

PXL_20240417_002949508.jpg

Apr 16, 2024 at 9:50 PM Post #4,701 of 4,714
I got these in the mail the other day. It looks like the MMCX connectors will need to be glued in, but the only glue I have on hand is the E6000, which I think is too soft to make this connection secure. Any recommendations for glue?

How about "Scotch Super Strong Adhesive Premier Gold Super Versatile 2"?

Last edited:
Apr 16, 2024 at 10:42 PM Post #4,702 of 4,714
How about "Scotch Super Strong Adhesive Premier Gold Super Versatile 2"?
I'd like to complain to whoever decided on this name... :sweat_smile:

Apr 17, 2024 at 1:31 AM Post #4,703 of 4,714

Depending on hole size you may be able to screw it into the wood housing.

You may need an m4 tap iirc.

Otherwise 2 part epoxy. But be sure to solder your leads before install.

Apr 17, 2024 at 8:49 AM Post #4,704 of 4,714
Depending on hole size you may be able to screw it into the wood housing.

You may need an m4 tap iirc.

Otherwise 2 part epoxy. But be sure to solder your leads before install.

The screw can be pushed through the hole (just barely) without turning it, so I think screwing will not work.

The 2-part epoxy sounds good. I will try using that, thanks!

Apr 20, 2024 at 11:13 AM Post #4,706 of 4,714
Hey, I have been surfing around the forum for a couple months and wanted to share my creations! I love them all and use the blue ones every day (blue dot 64ohm). The snow lotus have one side with an AirPod pro driver I took out of a smushed pod I found while biking. They work good but sound strange since they have two different drivers. I have to look at Ali express for the exact links if anyone wants them. My iPod is my sisters 5.5 with a 2000mah and iflash solo with a 128gb extreme pro sandisk.
Thanks for all the posts and resources!
https://imgur.com/a/W0y2HK6

Apr 28, 2024 at 2:17 PM Post #4,708 of 4,714
Ordered pair of drivers from aliexpress to do my first build when I opened the package this is first thing that fell out this is a long shot but would anybody have a spare 150ohm blueglue driver and a y#3 white tuning cotton they would be willing to let go of it would be greatly appreciated and when aliexpress sends my replacement drivers someday I'll send a whoever a one driver to replace the one they send my address is seth Manuel 3200 westwood road #29 westlake la 70669 thanks again

Apr 28, 2024 at 8:05 PM Post #4,709 of 4,714
It's been a while since I posted in this thread, but I've been making earbuds again lately and have had some success. This is my favorite so far. A 300 Ohm black LCP/DLC driver from Huayunxin with homemade cable. I dyed the shells and wire and think that everything came out really well.

Pink Soda.jpg

This is my favorite driver so far. With no tuning at all, it's got a great balance, excellent vocals and gobs of detail without being harsh or sibilant.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back