DIY Earbuds
Nov 3, 2016 at 3:05 AM Post #181 of 4,714
  Have you checked your auto parts store?

eek.gif

Another dumb question: okay to use one of these for heatshrink? Yeah obviously I know don't hit it with the flame
rolleyes.gif

Nov 3, 2016 at 8:40 AM Post #184 of 4,714
Can I get a recommendation of where to get some decent heatshrink cheap? My local electronics store is too expensive, and I don't know what's good or not... but the electrical tape replacing the HPM 62 cable guides I broke off isn't cutting it. keeps coming apart.

if you have time;

https://m.aliexpress.com/item/32580056869.html

also best tool for the purpose is your wife's hairdryer imo..

Nov 9, 2016 at 9:47 AM Post #191 of 4,714
Well $h1t boys...why did it take me so long to find this thread? I love earbuds, I love DIY. I've been looking for something different to do (usually spend my time making Grado-style cups on a lathe in my garage...).

Nov 9, 2016 at 10:01 AM Post #193 of 4,714
Well $h1t boys...why did it take me so long to find this thread? I love earbuds, I love DIY. I've been looking for something different to do (usually spend my time making Grado-style cups on a lathe in my garage...).

Only thing to be wary of is high impedance drivers that are cheap are almost definitely QC rejects. Not many people are making them and they are known to have high failure rates in production. So i would stick to lower impedance DIY drivers for the time being. Aside from that welcome fellow solder bro!

P.S. if you ever made any cups for Koss drivers specifically I'd like to see what you've done...

Nov 10, 2016 at 1:29 PM Post #195 of 4,714
Yeah I'm not holding out for 11.11. The best diy sale i could find was like 50 cents total off those KZ wires i got. I will buy more of those but probably nothing else.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back