1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

DIY Earbuds

First

Back
51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60
62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71
Next

Last
  1. activatorfly
    Has anyone any experience of using A8 unit drivers?
    They cost around £8 each - I plan eventually to use them in a DIY build......after initially practicing with much cheaper drivers via Taobao.

2. HungryPanda
    I made a couple of pairs with the Fever A8 16 ohm Sunrise SR2 drivers, I actually put them in an MX500 shell and they sound terrific

subwoof3r and activatorfly like this.
  3. activatorfly
  4. HungryPanda
    Yes those are the ones

activatorfly likes this.
  5. HungryPanda
    subwoof3r, DBaldock9 and activatorfly like this.
  6. Jsingh4
    Can we put these 14.8mm red film drivers in Senfer pt 25 shell?

Last edited: Jun 9, 2019
  7. subwoof3r
    If PT25 supports 14.8mm drivers then yes, no idea otherwise :frowning2:

8. Merlin-PT
  9. HungryPanda
    I noticed that, that is why I'm interested, I modded the HiFiMan HE350 by adding a resistor and a few other components in each cup to tame the shrill highs once

subwoof3r and Merlin-PT like this.
  10. subwoof3r
    Damn, those original PK1 red film drivers are sounding SO good! they are very easy to tune thanks to some mods in the shell.
    I perfectly modded mine for electronic musics, they have the best V sounding that I've ever heard from any PK shell. Equiped with full thick foams, they have unbelievable subbass and bass impact, good mids, and exceptionally detailed highs, with overall natural and good transparency.
    My yet best PK mod so far. I will make some pictures soon :)

Please stay us tuned for your impressions on those drivers, looks promising

Last edited: Jun 13, 2019
    HungryPanda and DBaldock9 like this.
  11. subwoof3r
    Here are my 2 new beasts (my yet best creations and references)

Featuring :
    • 150 ohm drivers in Yuin shells modded (extremely deep sub-bass and impact in bass for a yuin shell, with very good mids and very good highs/details)
    • 150 ohm drivers in MX500 shells modded (my reference, very good sub/bass, deep and spacious soundstage, very natural and transparent sounding, excellent mids and best highs/details)
    global_2.jpg

yuin_global.jpg

Cheers'

WoodyLuvr and HungryPanda like this.
  12. Jsingh4
    What cable did you use?

13. subwoof3r
    copper

14. HungryPanda
    Made a couple of earbuds today:

in the rear 35 ohm PET drivers with copper cable

in the forefront clear shells, blue/silver braided cable and 30 ohm old reclaimed drivers I was lucky to receive.

20190616_230000[1].jpg

subwoof3r, rahmish and DBaldock9 like this.
  15. Jsingh4
    Hi guys,
    I want to buy a new soldering station for earbud repair or DIY. I have never done soldering myself before, should I go with micro soldering station or mini.
    What voltage is required and what kind of iron do you guys use.
    I know these questions are very basic not sure even I should ask in this thread, I would appreciate any kind of recommendations/suggestions

First

Back
51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60
62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71
Next

Last