DIY Earbuds
Jan 19, 2022 at 8:47 AM Post #4,142 of 4,718
I think I bought mine 3 or 4 years ago and every time I put them in my ears they remind me why I still love them.
The build is top-notch. Silver shell is the best variant of MX500 on the market as far as acoustics are concerned, the cable is one of the best "single strand" that I tried so far.
@FranQL, @Ronion and @rprodrigues are my "three amigos" who share a similar opinion and who are also very pleased with these buds.
yeaa, the housing does make a difference

Jan 20, 2022 at 1:23 AM Post #4,144 of 4,718
oh boi my tg38s is finally here, it is indeed as expected, wider than my tc200, bass is more present and lively, exactly the same as what @furyossa said. is there a way to achieve soundstage like this? is more driver vent hole = wider soundstage? i keep thinking about that since i got my tg38s yesterday
i think its the housing of tg38s.
ive tried some drivers and they tends to sound more open with this housing.

i like the 130 berry + thickest white tuning cotton + upside down horse shoe in the tg38s housing.
my best sounding build this far

DSC_0001.JPG

Last edited:
Jan 20, 2022 at 4:23 AM Post #4,145 of 4,718
i think its the housing of tg38s.
ive tried some drivers and they tends to sound more open with this housing.

i like the 130 berry + thickest white tuning cotton + upside down horse shoe in the tg38s housing.

DSC_0001.JPG

Depending on what you're looking for, this shell also makes the sound brighter, the silver shells you can buy don't (IMO) have the quality of Tingo OG either.

Jan 20, 2022 at 9:35 AM Post #4,146 of 4,718
oh boi my tg38s is finally here, it is indeed as expected, wider than my tc200, bass is more present and lively, exactly the same as what @furyossa said. is there a way to achieve soundstage like this? is more driver vent hole = wider soundstage? i keep thinking about that since i got my tg38s yesterday
:beerchug:
OG Tingo shell uses special coating (metallic) which makes the shell quite firm and changes its acoustic characteristics.
As @FranQL said, it’s hard to find a similar shell on sale (Ali), they’re mostly fake.
Now about the stage. It mostly depends on the driver, but also shell (size and vent system) and filters.
There is no particular rule how to tune the stage, you'll need to experiment because every driver is different.
For example, TG-38s produces small micro details in the treble that give the soundstage a unique character.
The harmony of other frequencies is also very important, what I mean is that nothing is overly dominant, like forward mids, bright treble, strong mid-bass etc., that would jeopardize stage effect.
Yup, 130ohm Bery is a great driver which responds well to various tuning. I experiment with many shells so far, mostly metal shells with different cavity size, and Tingo shell of course, where it sounds the best, for now. BTW ... in my inventory :point_down:you can find all 4 experiments :wink:

Last edited:
Jan 21, 2022 at 1:49 AM Post #4,148 of 4,718
One of the best buds out there and the soundstage king as far as I've heard. For the price, it should be in everyone's collection. You could spend a lot more on a lot less.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back