DIY Earbuds
Jan 9, 2022 at 6:20 AM Post #4,111 of 4,721
Good afternoon lads. i hope ure all doing well.

Finally, the cable arrived, here is the physical comparasion of mogami 2893 and 2799
based on the web spec sheet, they share the same 4 core internals, the difference is 2799 made to be an internal cable while 2893 for external cable.
Now waiting for the 32 ohm blue DLC + LCP driver
mogami 1.jpg

Outer Diameter :
mogami 2893 4.8mm
mogami 2799 3.2mm
canare L4E5-AT 5mm

All three internal is 4 core, so it can be used for balance termination
mogami canare.jpg

Jan 15, 2022 at 12:53 PM Post #4,114 of 4,721
I usually prefer very warm V shapes with an emphasis on bass and thick mids.
Hi @Rary.

I have recently created two MMCX earbuds with 32ohm N52 Blue Glu and I am loving the great sound.

I think the sound will be warm V shapes with an emphasis on bass and thick mids by your little tuning.
So I'm looking forward to you creating your own DIY earbuds with the 32ohm N52 Blue Glu and seeing where they rank in Rary's Rankings.

Thanks in advance.
Cheers.

Last edited:
Jan 15, 2022 at 1:40 PM Post #4,115 of 4,721
Hi @Rary.

I have recently created two MMCX earbuds with 32ohm N52 Blue Glu and I am loving the great sound.

I think the sound will be warm V shapes with an emphasis on bass and thick mids by your little tuning.
So I'm looking forward to you creating your own DIY earbuds with the 32ohm N52 Blue Glu and seeing where they rank in Rary's Rankings.

Thanks in advance.
Cheers.
We all have them! They are good drivers, nothing special

Jan 15, 2022 at 2:48 PM Post #4,116 of 4,721
Hi @Rary.

Thanks in advance.
Cheers.
They are in the chart next to the 300ohm WG, if i can get some good coupons i'll buy them tomorrow. :thumbsup:
For what i know they are in the same league as N50 red rim which i like but isn't anything to call home about.
Regarding my Rankings i should update them soon, i produced and retuned so many earbuds during the holidays, i think my new top favorite is the retuned Super One. In a rivet mod i added dense HS+Y3 on the driver and i sealed the lips with a ton of tape (the 100% metal faceplate Smabat uses have 0 play and doesn't fit the plastic shell properly, that's why i wasn't impressed at first).
For the sound, well..... imagine any well refined earbud but with the loudness button and bass boost button always turned on :L3000:

Last edited:
Jan 16, 2022 at 7:00 AM Post #4,117 of 4,721
They are in the chart next to the 300ohm WG, if i can get some good coupons i'll buy them tomorrow. :thumbsup:
For what i know they are in the same league as N50 red rim which i like but isn't anything to call home about.
Regarding my Rankings i should update them soon, i produced and retuned so many earbuds during the holidays, i think my new top favorite is the retuned Super One. In a rivet mod i added dense HS+Y3 on the driver and i sealed the lips with a ton of tape (the 100% metal faceplate Smabat uses have 0 play and doesn't fit the plastic shell properly, that's why i wasn't impressed at first).
For the sound, well..... imagine any well refined earbud but with the loudness button and bass boost button always turned on :L3000:
We're looking forward to your new Ranking.:kissing_smiling_eyes:

Last edited:
Jan 17, 2022 at 3:07 AM Post #4,120 of 4,721
Anybody know if the drives of VE ZEN are available to buy on Aliexpress?
They are not available publicly.
there is 2 new 15.4mm driver in the chitty store, n52 blue diaphgram and gold diaphgram, the n52 blue have various impedance, while the gold only in 32 ohm. the n52 blue have similiar pcb like lcp diaphgram.

15.4mm.png
The 300ohm blue driver with a transparent cover looks soo good, if it wasn't so expensive i would try to build an all blue earbud 😭
IMG_20220117_090555.png

Jan 17, 2022 at 4:56 AM Post #4,121 of 4,721
They are not available publicly.

The 300ohm blue driver with a transparent cover looks soo good, if it wasn't so expensive i would try to build an all blue earbud 😭
IMG_20220117_090555.png
an all blue earbud looks cool! im interested with the gold color driver, since chitty claim the sound field is good. and since i build my 600 ohm papa bery im still searching for a 15.4mm mx500 earbud driver with no housing mod that can outwide the papa bery soundstage

Jan 17, 2022 at 5:28 AM Post #4,122 of 4,721
an all blue earbud looks cool! im interested with the gold color driver, since chitty claim the sound field is good. and since i build my 600 ohm papa bery im still searching for a 15.4mm mx500 earbud driver with no housing mod that can outwide the papa bery soundstage
I wouldn't trust what any seller says, especially on new and expensive drivers.
If you want an earbud with very good soundstage i think you should consider the TG-38s. I never tried it but many praised it for being a good prebuilt with a huge soundstage.

Jan 17, 2022 at 8:35 AM Post #4,123 of 4,721
I wouldn't trust what any seller says, especially on new and expensive drivers.
If you want an earbud with very good soundstage i think you should consider the TG-38s. I never tried it but many praised it for being a good prebuilt with a huge soundstage.
thanks for the advice, i own the tc200 and yeah it does have a huge distance feeling, i wonder how the tg-38s sound

Jan 17, 2022 at 9:05 AM Post #4,124 of 4,721
thanks for the advice, i own the tc200 and yeah it does have a huge distance feeling, i wonder how the tg-38s sound
tc200 is boring in comparison with tg-38s. Also consider HE150 which is another stage king

Jan 17, 2022 at 9:44 AM Post #4,125 of 4,721
I had the TG-38S for 2 years, 4 years ago, and it was not a great earbuds, just a bit flashy sounding.
For the best budget earbuds with a wide soundstage, I, like @furyossa, would also recommend the HE150, now available from Penon Audio.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back