DIY Earbuds
Mar 23, 2021 at 5:52 PM Post #3,226 of 4,722
Love to hear your thoughts about TC200. Fortunately I have the old one
Same here. I don't think that the difference in sound is noticeable only because of the small difference in these MX500 shells.
For me TC200 is an average sounding driver, just slightly better than EMX500. Currently, my favorite Tingo model is TG-38s, and it's a step above the TC200

Mar 23, 2021 at 6:56 PM Post #3,228 of 4,722
They are brothers and sisters now... :beerchug:
IMGs_20210323_224851.jpg

Front left is RX-1 shell with wool or biofibre drivers. Full foams now.
Has rumble, and lots of treble detail. Quite V shaped but somewhat relaxed sound. Good for movies, not for vocals.
The grill is like a car rim, it is very open. I am doing to experiment with that to tame the hights a bit.
For now I put a 10mm diamater felt circle under the foams. Still has emhasised hights but it is better now.
I dont know why i WANT to like this. I write about later when I spent more time with it.

The front right is the Nokia HDD1 recabled.
The cable hardly fit in the strain relief. But it will be okay. :sunglasses:

Back buds are only decoration. :smiley:

Mar 24, 2021 at 2:37 PM Post #3,229 of 4,722
Same here. I don't think that the difference in sound is noticeable only because of the small difference in these MX500 shells.
For me TC200 is an average sounding driver, just slightly better than EMX500. Currently, my favorite Tingo model is TG-38s, and it's a step above the TC200
And that's how I'm going to get another pair of earbuds .
Edit : But I can't find it on aliexpress

Last edited:
Mar 24, 2021 at 4:14 PM Post #3,230 of 4,722
Mar 25, 2021 at 6:04 AM Post #3,232 of 4,722
Any thoughts about this driver from NSC Audio store ?
Great driver, fairly balanced, the bass is a wee bit light but with proper tuning I was able to get it to a nice level (using tubing in an mx500 shell)

Mar 25, 2021 at 11:03 AM Post #3,234 of 4,722
Mar 26, 2021 at 1:46 AM Post #3,235 of 4,722
Any thoughts about this driver from NSC Audio store ?
I have one. Tuned it closely as the graphs would suggest, putting the drivers as it is made the midrange bloated so I put some horseshoe foam and it got more linear. Turned it into a transparent build because not seeing that titanium diaphragm would be a waste 😂

As for my impressions, it's definitely balanced on the lower regions but with a cool tonality, there's also bright focus on the upper to lower treble parts, but surprisingly not sibilant. They can go loud with smartphones too so they're really easy to drive, I actually use them when I don't like to bring the dangly dongles on the go.

There's also a "bass" version of this that sports the same PCB but with a green epoxy for the coil, buy that or buy them both! You can also get that weird MX500 shell that I'm talking about in those, so if you do, get another pair of 130ohms and put it there, just kidding! 😂

IMG_20210318_171029.jpg

There is definitely a difference in terms of those weird MX500 shells. The cavity volume in there ain't right compared to the usual, vents too small and the stem hole almost measures as a yuin pk shell so you could imagine it's almost air tight. I tried to put my V-shaped pink dot big solders on those shells (just horseshoe foam) and it gave me a bloat in the midrange while with normal transparent shells, it gave what the graphs shown somehow...

Also, there's 3 different drivers that those sellers used in the "DIY" TC200 from what I found in various fb forums. I'm saying it with a "DIY" because for sure they just bootlegged the OG TC200/TG-38s which TinGo produces. Those TinGo TC200/TG-38s were also made to bootleg or sound like the unicorn Sennheiser MX985. Talk about a bootleg inception...

Also, I'm not gonna assume the original is better or anything from those other versions, but there's certainly a charm to those bootleg bootlegs that makes it a hyped pair.

I'm still in the process of getting more data for a megapost. Still need to find pictures on the innards of those OG TinGo TC200 (silver shell version or the one with a weird shell) or the TG-38s to at least give people a baseline on what the "original" is supposed to be, so if any of you have a pair that you're willing to crack open, post it here or DM me!

Mar 26, 2021 at 4:12 AM Post #3,238 of 4,722
Hi guys! Have not done any DIY on earbuds yet, but I need to glue back some old drivers that have popped off from their shells.

Are there any recommended kind of glue or neat application method to bond the driver covers to the shells, so there won't be much leftover glue residue?

Any input will be great appreciated!

EDIT: I found some mention of E8000 or B7000 adhesive. Are these recommended for the job?

Last edited:
Mar 26, 2021 at 5:58 AM Post #3,239 of 4,722
Hi guys! Have not done any DIY on earbuds yet, but I need to glue back some old drivers that have popped off from their shells.

Are there any recommended kind of glue or neat application method to bond the driver covers to the shells, so there won't be much leftover glue residue?

Any input will be great appreciated!

EDIT: I found some mention of E8000 or B7000 adhesive. Are these recommended for the job?
Anything as viscous as resin would do the job, just avoid putting the glue near the coil vent. Even a small dot of super glue on the back part of the shell can do the trick too.

Mar 26, 2021 at 6:02 AM Post #3,240 of 4,722
Anything as viscous as resin would do the job, just avoid putting the glue near the coil vent. Even a small dot of super glue on the back part of the shell can do the trick too.

Thanks for the tip! Are the E8000 or B7000 viscous enough? They come with the precision application tip which really helps. I'm not sure which one to get though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back