DIY Earbuds
Feb 28, 2021 at 1:33 PM Post #3,166 of 4,722
Also, thought this might help, the drivers listed on aliexpress as the "32ohm bass unit" seem to be the same as the drivers in my Panda PK2. I put the photos of the driver and link to the drivers in the spoiler below.

I initially thought that these were the same driver as the HS-23 due to the faceplates and impedance but that doesn't Nokia driver, at least from the images I've seen, doesn't have the same green dot as both of those images do. It might be possible that these drivers are also just a 32ohm driver from the long black DoCoMo bud. Maybe I'm wrong but I'd need to get a pair of HS-23's to confirm that. Anyways, since the Panda PK2 is pretty hard to find nowadays, I feel like these are a good way to compensate for it.
NiceHCK EBX OG has the similar hard plastic glossy cover type. Then this driver came up, and I bought two pairs and like you, I also thought it was an EBX driver, but I was wrong. It is much inferior to the EBX model

Feb 28, 2021 at 1:36 PM Post #3,167 of 4,722
NiceHCK EBX OG has the similar hard plastic glossy cover type. Then this driver came up, and I bought two pairs and like you, I also thought it was an EBX driver, but I was wrong. It is much inferior to the EBX model
Hopefully I can get my HS-23 soon enough and compare between my Panda PK2 and some other buds, that driver is also pretty decent but I can only imagine what the OG EBX sounds like :ksc75smile:

Feb 28, 2021 at 1:44 PM Post #3,168 of 4,722
Speaking of those similarly designed faceplates, I think you'll find these drivers interesting. Uses a foster-type driver instead of the usual Yuin ones.
https://shopee.ph/1-Pair-14.2mm-DIY...dance-Earbuds-Accessori-i.64655310.6040319463
1614537876145.png

Feb 28, 2021 at 2:53 PM Post #3,169 of 4,722
Speaking of those similarly designed faceplates, I think you'll find these drivers interesting. Uses a foster-type driver instead of the usual Yuin ones.
https://shopee.ph/1-Pair-14.2mm-DIY...dance-Earbuds-Accessori-i.64655310.6040319463
You mean these
I use it already here
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/diy-earbuds.822327/page-100#post-15468966
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/diy-earbuds.822327/page-110#post-15534569

As I said, these are probably used for NiceHCK EB2 and not for OG EBX

Last edited:
Feb 28, 2021 at 3:06 PM Post #3,170 of 4,722
Oh, my bad! Just found these drivers when I was scrolling through listings.
Looks like an interesting driver for sure. Do think it'll sound good once it's tuned properly? I was planning to buy an EB2 and since it's not available anymore, maybe this is a good chance to try its sound.

Feb 28, 2021 at 3:48 PM Post #3,171 of 4,722
Oh, my bad! Just found these drivers when I was scrolling through listings.
Looks like an interesting driver for sure. Do think it'll sound good once it's tuned properly? I was planning to buy an EB2 and since it's not available anymore, maybe this is a good chance to try its sound.
Nothing special you can skip them

Mar 2, 2021 at 8:31 AM Post #3,172 of 4,722
Also, thought this might help, the drivers listed on aliexpress as the "32ohm bass unit" seem to be the same as the drivers in my Panda PK2. I put the photos of the driver and link to the drivers in the spoiler below.

I initially thought that these were the same driver as the HS-23 due to the faceplates and impedance but that doesn't Nokia driver, at least from the images I've seen, doesn't have the same green dot as both of those images do. It might be possible that these drivers are also just a 32ohm driver from the long black DoCoMo bud. Maybe I'm wrong but I'd need to get a pair of HS-23's to confirm that. Anyways, since the Panda PK2 is pretty hard to find nowadays, I feel like these are a good way to compensate for it.
just got the hs-23 from a local seller.. they have one blue and one orange dot instead of two purple but the rest looks same (first three images).. the last three images are from 'black docomo long stem'.

Attachments

• P10302-154424_s.jpg
    P10302-154424_s.jpg
    585.7 KB · Views: 0
  • P10302-154609_s.jpg
    P10302-154609_s.jpg
    539.2 KB · Views: 0
  • P10302-162100_s.jpg
    P10302-162100_s.jpg
    966.4 KB · Views: 0
  • P10301-231619_s.jpg
    P10301-231619_s.jpg
    952.7 KB · Views: 0
  • P10301-231441_s.jpg
    P10301-231441_s.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 0
  • P10301-231133_s.jpg
    P10301-231133_s.jpg
    317.2 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Mar 2, 2021 at 4:36 PM Post #3,173 of 4,722
just got the hs-23 from a local seller.. they have one blue and one orange dot instead of two purple but the rest looks same (first three images).. the last three images are from 'black docomo long stem'.
The colour of the dots on the sides of the drivers doesn't matter too much, I've have multiple drivers from the same bud with different coloured dots yet sounded the same. But, that green dot on the HS-23 interests me since the photo I saw had no dot. What is the Serial Code for the HS-23? The photos of the one I have are from the 386xxxx model and look like this :

The person who posted those photos said the drivers that aren't from that serial code have no bass but I'm still waiting on my pair and potentially a 2nd pair that may have the driver that he's mentioning.

Last edited:
Mar 3, 2021 at 10:20 AM Post #3,175 of 4,722
The colour of the dots on the sides of the drivers doesn't matter too much, I've have multiple drivers from the same bud with different coloured dots yet sounded the same. But, that green dot on the HS-23 interests me since the photo I saw had no dot. What is the Serial Code for the HS-23? The photos of the one I have are from the 386xxxx model and look like this :

The person who posted those photos said the drivers that aren't from that serial code have no bass but I'm still waiting on my pair and potentially a 2nd pair that may have the driver that he's mentioning.
@vygas, thanks for the info;
i was thought that color dots are unique for the driver or something distinctive sign for tuning..
i bought two units, one came with 350xxx, another with 386xxx. the above photos are from the 350 one. it was not difficult to detach the driver from the shell, but i couldn't open the 386 version with my hand. will try later with hair dryer.. so i can compare them head to head after recabling both..

Last edited:
Mar 3, 2021 at 4:44 PM Post #3,177 of 4,722
@vygas, opened the 386xxx version.. looks exactly same except the black line instead of green dot..
Same type of line that you would also find on a Nokia HDD-1 driver, would be pretty interesting if all of the drivers used by Yuin were actually the ones with the line marks but that's just me speculating with no real evidence. Eitherway, I'm interested in your thoughts on how both sound.

Mar 4, 2021 at 7:52 AM Post #3,178 of 4,722
Same type of line that you would also find on a Nokia HDD-1 driver, would be pretty interesting if all of the drivers used by Yuin were actually the ones with the line marks but that's just me speculating with no real evidence. Eitherway, I'm interested in your thoughts on how both sound.
We should take photos and show it to a graphologist, to analize if it was marked by the same person or ink. :spy:

Mar 6, 2021 at 10:40 AM Post #3,179 of 4,722
Hello everyone, I was talking with one of my friends about the OP139 which recently went out of stock and sacrificed my pair for a peek into the PCB and what driver it is. Sadly, they need a re-coil but we got a good peak at the Foster drivers that were in there. Pictures are in the spoiler below :

20210306_144841_HDR.jpg

I was also looking into where I could find these drivers and I ended up finding both a graph and a link to where you can buy the driver that's used in the OP139 (and the OP139 itself). So if anyone missed out on getting a pair of OP139's, you have an alternative to either make your own (with a similar shell) or buy one directly. Only caveat of this is that you have to use a Taobao agent if you live outside of areas where Taobao can ship, but I feel like the price pays off once you other listings for cheap drivers, shells and cables. I left the links and the graph here (as well as an edit) :

11441508_thumb.jpg

Sorry for the bad quality photo of the graph (Red OP139 and Green MX500), the Taobao page didn't let me save the image properly, here's the links to the driver and to the OP139 itself.

Edit : The link to the drivers actually seems to be a 16ohm variant that you can choose between 3 batch codes, not 100% sure if they will sound the same as the OP139 itself but I'd say it's just better to get the OP139 itself just to be safe.

Hope everyone here has a good weekend and rest of their day :ksc75smile:.

Last edited:
Mar 6, 2021 at 11:51 AM Post #3,180 of 4,722
Hello everyone, I was talking with one of my friends about the OP139 which recently went out of stock and sacrificed my pair for a peek into the PCB and what driver it is. Sadly, they need a re-coil but we got a good peak at the Foster drivers that were in there. Pictures are in the spoiler below :

I was also looking into where I could find these drivers and I ended up finding both a graph and a link to where you can buy the driver that's used in the OP139 (and the OP139 itself). So if anyone missed out on getting a pair of OP139's, you have an alternative to either make your own (with a similar shell) or buy one directly. Only caveat of this is that you have to use a Taobao agent if you live outside of areas where Taobao can ship, but I feel like the price pays off once you other listings for cheap drivers, shells and cables. I left the links and the graph here (as well as an edit) :

Sorry for the bad quality photo of the graph (Red OP139 and Green MX500), the Taobao page didn't let me save the image properly, here's the links to the driver and to the OP139 itself.

Edit : The link to the drivers actually seems to be a 16ohm variant that you can choose between 3 batch codes, not 100% sure if they will sound the same as the OP139 itself but I'd say it's just better to get the OP139 itself just to be safe.

Hope everyone here has a good weekend and rest of their day :ksc75smile:.
I almost thought the OP139 uses these particular drivers
Screenshot_20210307_004826_com.shopee.ph.jpg
, but the vent holes and shapes from their promotional picture really hints to a Foster type driver. Kinda sad that they're out of stock now.

Also if you look closely, the graphs from the OP139 actually matches a bit from what we've seen on the 19-21 info and descriptions.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back