DIY Cable Questions and Comments Thread
Dec 4, 2020 at 10:30 AM Post #9,877 of 10,535
Easier to have this as a reference

Attachments

• fiio 2.5mm.png
    fiio 2.5mm.png
    9.2 KB · Views: 0
Dec 6, 2020 at 1:52 PM Post #9,879 of 10,535
Anyone in UK that can reterminate my SportaPros (ToTL cans) to a balanced cable that I have...?

Dec 13, 2020 at 12:57 PM Post #9,880 of 10,535
Hi Guys, I'm looking to make a speaker taps cable for my HE-6. So, I will be getting some wires, 4-pin XLR connector, and banana plugs for the speaker taps.

I was wondering if I'm looking to hook up this cable to speaker taps, what's the awg of the wire would work best?

Thanks

I'm looking to make something like below that connects to speaker amp taps with banana plugs.
s-l640.jpg

Jan 5, 2021 at 9:22 PM Post #9,883 of 10,535
I have been wanting to make a modular cable system and was wondering if anyone has experience using something besides male and female mini-xlr. They are a bit bulky when together and I would prefer something a bit more sleek. Any idea how something like a yc8 connector would work?

Example: YC8

Jan 7, 2021 at 10:28 AM Post #9,884 of 10,535
I have been wanting to make a modular cable system and was wondering if anyone has experience using something besides male and female mini-xlr. They are a bit bulky when together and I would prefer something a bit more sleek. Any idea how something like a yc8 connector would work?

Dunu ripped off the design of a Lemo connector for their modular cable system. (Specifically the Lemo model 0b.304)
You'll find tons of chinese copies of this design on AE. Some of them are quite sleek and small.

EDIT: Yes, the YC8 would work. But you can find better and smaller.

Jan 7, 2021 at 10:48 AM Post #9,885 of 10,535

There is also GX16 a bit more bulky but very cheap. You also can find 2.5mm TRRS male/female I don't think anything is smaller than that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back