DIY Cable Questions and Comments Thread
Oct 7, 2014 at 3:49 AM Post #2,626 of 10,535
Hallo: I'm Odino from Italy: I have a little question about a extension cable 1,5 mt I will made with mogami cable quad 2893 I buy: the extension cable is for my new

headphone Beyerdynamic dt880 premium 600ohm: firs't answer/help: for a good extension/connection is better a 3.5mm plug/jack or 6.3mm plug/jack??? the mogami cable

have four core/ cable plus the ground: please can you help me by explaining how i can connect too? I thought to classic connect: ground to the outer metal of the plug / jack

and use only two wires of the  Mogami 2893 quad cable one for the right channel and one for the left...otherwise schield and two wires for the right channel and two to the

left ...: well, I hope that some of you tell me how better to connect the four mini cable plus ground to male and female connector on the 2893 Mogami quad cable: Thankìs and

see you soon: Odino.

Help me?????

Oct 8, 2014 at 7:57 PM Post #2,633 of 10,535
How difficult is that? I've never worked with cables in that way and know nothing about soldering.

So if you're not willing to take on all the tasks involved in learning how to fix it (and really, unless that's a long-term goal, who could blame you for not wanting to), you can

• get a new cable, if the cable is detachable from the cans
  • find someone who can do the job for free (<--- gratuitous Steely Dan reference 
    tongue.gif
     )... or at worst a nominal fee.
  • contact the manufacturer and say, What, man?!!?  and see what they'll do
  • buy new cans

Maybe I missed something, but I don't think so.

Oct 8, 2014 at 11:01 PM Post #2,634 of 10,535
The cable is detachable so I could always buy a new one I suppose.

However, I'm more interested in repair just from a fun standpoint. I was thinking since I live on a college campus, I could take it to somewhere in the engineering dept and bring a few beers for trade?

Any tips on where might be good for that? As a business major such a trade appeals to me :)

Oct 8, 2014 at 11:09 PM Post #2,635 of 10,535

However, I'm more interested in repair just from a fun standpoint. I was thinking since I live on a college campus, I could take it to somewhere in the engineering dept and bring a few beers for trade?

Any tips on where might be good for that? As a business major such a trade appeals to me
smily_headphones1.gif

See, now that sounds like a plan.  Have fun with it, and be sure to film drunk engineers-in-training.  Youtube wants YOU.

Where?  I think you answered your own question: Engineering Dept.  Make up some fliers and post them.  Don't skimp on the beer, or whatever they like to drink.  Jägermeister, perhaps 
biggrin.gif

Oct 8, 2014 at 11:50 PM Post #2,636 of 10,535

Any tips on where might be good for that? As a business major such a trade appeals to me
smily_headphones1.gif

sounds like a good idea
look for a ham radio club or some IT nerds
one of em should have a soldering iron
a twelve pack o tall boys oughta do it

Oct 9, 2014 at 1:01 AM Post #2,637 of 10,535
Hell, I'll fix yer cable.  Bring the Jägermeister and a 3.5mm plug of your choice.  I'd come to NERV, but I've no idea where that is 
wink.gif

Oct 9, 2014 at 2:54 AM Post #2,638 of 10,535
So I got my current VMODA M80 Interconnect cable and my Triple Fi 10s from a buddy, starting my audiophilic journey. I've just now become interested in making my own. I have what I believe a silver dual twisted pair for my Triple Fi 10s. My question is, they are in a very small plastic tubing. My other interconnect has the same type of tubing, but is a quad braid of silver and copper, with a slightly larger diameter. What is the type of tubing called? I would like to recreate this for a small interconnect for my mobile rig, but I don't know what this is called. If this is not enough information, I can totally upload pictures tomorrow. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back