DIY Cable Gallery!!
Oct 22, 2013 at 3:58 PM Post #12,901 of 16,305
A quick glance at their website shows the different cables and their names. Just a click away.

Oct 22, 2013 at 6:40 PM Post #12,902 of 16,305

I have DHC Pure Copper Litz that looks exactly like this cable.  My DHC Peptide Litz wire is silver plated copper.  Where did you purchase your Peptide Litz?

The pictures of of DHC Peptide litz. Your cable, if it is silver-plated copper, is Peptide "hybrid" litz. Both are from DHC

Yes.

Oct 24, 2013 at 4:20 AM Post #12,907 of 16,305
Check this out:

That's your regular Neutrik with an ATH casing.  Just the right fit.  The ATH casing was salvaged from a plug with broken contacts.  It is threaded, apparently you need quite a bit of force to unscrew the casing on the stock plug.  It goes on about as easy as the original Neutrik casing.  An Amphenol plug is slightly too small, but I don't have a spare to make sure.  At least the Amphenol is just small enough to fit properly in the ATH 1/4" adapter.

Edit: the Neutrik barely fits the adapter as well.

Oct 27, 2013 at 4:46 AM Post #12,908 of 16,305
I just wanted to thank you guys for inspiring me with this thread to make up some DIY cables for my LCD-2’s. The information you’ve provided enabled me to make these.
I build one 3.5mrt balanced 4pin XLR out and one 1.3mtr to mini jack. Check the pictures,
All connectors are Neutrik and the cable used was 19AWG Teflon Silver Plated OFC. Pretty thick but flexibity is still better than expected, but fiddly with mini XLR’s. All wires are twisted and braided where needed.
Sound wise, even though I’ve by no means used the best cable available, I’ve noticed a big improvement over the stock cable, everything had more punch and more detail. This has shown me that the LCD-2’s are really held back by their stock cables. It was well worth the effect.

Oct 27, 2013 at 5:22 AM Post #12,909 of 16,305
  I just wanted to thank you guys for inspiring me with this thread to make up some DIY cables form my LCD-2’s. The information you’ve provided enabled me to make these.
I build one 3.5mrt balanced 4pin XLR out and one 1.3mtr to mini jack. Check the pictures,
All connectors are Neutrik and the cable used was 19AWG Teflon Silver Plated OFC. Pretty thick but flexibity is still better than expected, but fiddly with mini XLR’s. All wires are twisted and braided where needed.
Sound wise. Even though I’ve by no means used the best cable available, I’ve noticed a big improvement over the stock cable, everything had more punch and more detail. This has shown me that the LCD-2’s are really held back by their stock cables. It was well worth the effect.

Looking nice. Great job.

Oct 28, 2013 at 9:23 PM Post #12,911 of 16,305
I'm trying to re cable my hd 558. I just plan on sleeping the wires with 550 cord. What is a wire that's flexible enough for this, I'm tired of having to resleeve the wire I buy because it's too stif

You'll want to take that question here: http://www.head-fi.org/t/676402/diy-cable-questions-and-comments-thread

Then when you've finished your cable, post the picture in this gallery.

beerchug.gif

Oct 29, 2013 at 12:20 PM Post #12,912 of 16,305
M-Audio Q40 cable
- 26 AWG 7N cryo treated upocc silver cable 
- Neutrik AG/Rean plugs
- Carbon sleeve

Beyerdynamic DT-250 cable
- Transparent Blue 26 AWG 7N Pure upocc cryo stranded copper custom wire from plussoundaudio
- Custom made plug
- Rean plug

AKG K518 cable
- Made from leftover cables 
biggrin.gif

- Neutrik plugs

JVC S500 cable
- Canare cable
- Switchcraft plug

Oct 31, 2013 at 2:29 AM Post #12,914 of 16,305
So I was bored one day, and decided to try out DIY interconnects. This was something I made using cheap copper cables from my local hardware store, along with two Neutrik straight jacks, and some heatshrink abuse.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back