DIY Cable Gallery!!
Oct 17, 2013 at 9:30 PM Post #12,890 of 16,305
Hi All,

I am trying to DIY a phono cables for a friend..
It a RCA to RCA connector type with the grounding wires on both ends..

PS - I don't own a turn-tables so no experience with this... just helping a friend

my questions

> anyone has a recommendation for the type or brand of cables to DIY..
> also the additional grounding wires, are they connected to the shielding of the cables..
      or just a separated grounding wire and  shrinkwrap along the cables.
      if you have a schematic, pls PM to me

thanks in advance

not looking for exotic cables but a one which is enjoyable to listen to with huge soundstage and smooth high and good taut bass.

Your question is best posted in this thread: http://www.head-fi.org/t/676402/diy-cable-questions-and-comments-thread 

Oct 18, 2013 at 6:35 PM Post #12,892 of 16,305
  Hey guys, just showing of some stuff i made in the past days. The two interconnects were for a good friend from another forum to go with a usb interface i send him as a present. The RCA Cable is for my USB interface to be connected to my AV Reciever.

6,3 Jack to RCA Interconnect

Neutrik Jacks on both ends, 4x1,5mm Litz wire, sleaved with Type3 Parachord

6,3 Jack to 3,5 Connector Interconnect

Rean Jacks on both ends, 3x0,25mm wire, sleaved with Type1 Parachord, standard 3 wire braid.

3,5 Jack to 3,5 Jack Cable

Neutrik rightangle on the one end, rean straight on the other, 3x0,25mm wire, sleaved with Type3 Parachord

RCA to RCA Cable (1)

RCA to RCA Cable (2)

4x1,5mm Litz wire, sleaved with Type3 Parachord

good job!!!

Oct 19, 2013 at 8:15 PM Post #12,893 of 16,305

Made a HD650 Peptide Litz cable today.

Oct 20, 2013 at 4:24 AM Post #12,894 of 16,305
Another LOD, made with toxic cables silver plated copper, a jack I got on eBay with no brand and nylon sleeving.

Oct 22, 2013 at 1:49 PM Post #12,898 of 16,305

I have DHC Pure Copper Litz that looks exactly like this cable.  My DHC Peptide Litz wire is silver plated copper.  Where did you purchase your Peptide Litz?

The pictures of of DHC Peptide litz. Your cable, if it is silver-plated copper, is Peptide "hybrid" litz. Both are from DHC

Oct 22, 2013 at 2:06 PM Post #12,899 of 16,305

I have DHC Pure Copper Litz that looks exactly like this cable.  My DHC Peptide Litz wire is silver plated copper.  Where did you purchase your Peptide Litz?

The pictures of of DHC Peptide litz. Your cable, if it is silver-plated copper, is Peptide "hybrid" litz. Both are from DHC

I have both, didn't know the copper was referred to as "Peptide", when talking with Peter, he called his SPC Litz "Peptide", guess you cleared up the confusion!

Oct 22, 2013 at 2:51 PM Post #12,900 of 16,305
The "Peptide" name is used for all of DHC's litz cables as far as I'm aware.
Peptide - Copper Litz
Peptide "Hybrid" - Silver Plated Copper Litz
Peptide "Fusion" - 50/50 Silver and Copper Litz
Silver Peptide - Silver Litz

Users who are viewing this thread

Back