DIY Cable Gallery!!
Aug 10, 2013 at 1:54 PM Post #12,601 of 16,305
Quote:
I am trying to make my 1st LOD (straight) for my ipod using the Viablue mini plug. Just wondering what length of the 3 wires I should cut.

Also I saw some LOD's have 3 wires and some 4 wires. Why 4 wires? Sorry I am a newbie.

PM sent.

Aug 10, 2013 at 11:50 PM Post #12,602 of 16,305
I've created a Questions, Answers and Comments thread for DIY cables via the following link:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/676402/diy-cable-questions-and-comments-thread

This is all being done to allow this thread to get back on track for its true purpose -- to be a Gallery of DIY cables!!

Thank you !!

P.S. - To the members who see questions being posted, please direct them to this other thread instead of answering the question in this thread.  

Aug 11, 2013 at 1:35 AM Post #12,603 of 16,305
Quote:
I've created a Questions, Answers and Comments thread for DIY cables via the following link:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/676402/diy-cable-questions-and-comments-thread

This is all being done to allow this thread to get back on track for its true purpose -- to be a Gallery of DIY cables!!

Thank you !!

P.S. - To the members who seen questions being posted, please direct them to this other thread instead of answering the question in this thread.  

Thank you.

Aug 11, 2013 at 9:12 AM Post #12,604 of 16,305
Here's an image of a Sennheiser cable that I recently completed.  The paracord color / pattern is called "Starry Night".  Not all vendors carry this particular color / pattern, so you do have to search a bit to find it.  However, I am glad that I purchase 100 feet of it as I know I certainly will be using more of it or other cables to come.

Aug 11, 2013 at 9:30 AM Post #12,605 of 16,305
Speaker cable made from 2 Tara Labs Prism Omni cabels per side. 2 wires form 1 signal.
Sleeved in paracord 550 (stretched during weaving to make it fit snug) in black with a white reflective stripe & some sort of olive green (blue'ish).  Really pleased with the color combo, looks really awesome.
The straight banana plugs I bought a while ago from ebay, cant find them anymore. They are heavy beryllium copper / bras. Other banana connectors are Nakamichi's.
Both ends just get bundled right into the connector. No heathshrink mess.
Total length is about 2.5m. Made twice for each side offcourse :).

Aug 11, 2013 at 9:55 AM Post #12,606 of 16,305
Some other cables I made a while back. Been meaning to upload these for a while now. The chit chat in here made me put it off.

mini to 6.3mm : bright red / black type 1 paracord.
Pallics mini jack, Neutrik. Single sleeved strands from Canara Starquad. Pallics side component glue has been used instead of heathshrink to keep the cable fixed

Mini XLR (akg) cable's.
Single strand Canara starquad / Type 1 Paracord bright red. Switchcraft connectors if I recall. Love the 6.3mm jack.

Mini XLR. Canara mini starquad with outer shell & metal braiding removed. Black 550 Paracord (very tight fit!)
Acrolink mini jack. Neutrik mini xlr. Again component glue used to keep cable into place inside the jack.

HD600 cable.
Transparent connectors, only time I've used heathshrink to keep them secure. Splitter is a housing from a mini jack.
Canara starquad single wires sleeved in Type 1 again.
Have a red version of this one aswell. (bordeaux red)

Again a mini XLR AKG. First cable I made with the 4 wire braid. Same as above. Type 1 paracord, single wire canara starquad, neutrik jacks.

First recable I ever did. My Denon.
Canara starquad mini, neutrik jack. Viablue sleeving.  Too bad for the heathshrink with writing on it :<

Aug 11, 2013 at 8:56 PM Post #12,609 of 16,305
Wow, those are some beautiful cables!

Aug 11, 2013 at 9:13 PM Post #12,610 of 16,305
Quote:

To minimize the posting of items that are not pictures of cables in this gallery thread, there is an option to provide a member with comments on their fine work.  In order to provide a comment to the person who built a neat cable, you just need to click on the image.  Towards the bottom right section of your screen, you can apply some comments that the poster of the pictures will see and be able to read.  This will ensure that this thread remains a gallery thread where we can just be able to look at some beautiful "eye candy" cables.

The image below depicts how comments can be utilized.

Aug 11, 2013 at 9:29 PM Post #12,611 of 16,305
Quote:
Quote:

To minimize the posting of items that are not pictures of cables in this gallery thread, there is an option to provide a member with comments on their fine work.  In order to provide a comment to the person who built a neat cable, you just need to click on the image.  Towards the bottom right section of your screen, you can apply some comments that the poster of the pictures will see and be able to read.  This will ensure that this thread remains a gallery thread where we can just be able to look at some beautiful "eye candy" cables.

The image below depicts how comments can be utilized.

Okay
confused.gif
 That means you can't have any discussion, whatsoever. Why don't you go clean up the Show us your Head-Fi station thread? Thats should only be pictures!

Aug 11, 2013 at 9:35 PM Post #12,613 of 16,305
Quote:
Spoilered for size (Click to show)  
Some other cables I made a while back. Been meaning to upload these for a while now. The chit chat in here made me put it off.

mini to 6.3mm : bright red / black type 1 paracord.
Pallics mini jack, Neutrik. Single sleeved strands from Canara Starquad. Pallics side component glue has been used instead of heathshrink to keep the cable fixed

Mini XLR (akg) cable's.
Single strand Canara starquad / Type 1 Paracord bright red. Switchcraft connectors if I recall. Love the 6.3mm jack.

Mini XLR. Canara mini starquad with outer shell & metal braiding removed. Black 550 Paracord (very tight fit!)
Acrolink mini jack. Neutrik mini xlr. Again component glue used to keep cable into place inside the jack.

HD600 cable.
Transparent connectors, only time I've used heathshrink to keep them secure. Splitter is a housing from a mini jack.
Canara starquad single wires sleeved in Type 1 again.
Have a red version of this one aswell. (bordeaux red)

Again a mini XLR AKG. First cable I made with the 4 wire braid. Same as above. Type 1 paracord, single wire canara starquad, neutrik jacks.

First recable I ever did. My Denon.
Canara starquad mini, neutrik jack. Viablue sleeving.  Too bad for the heathshrink with writing on it :<

That Denon cable is sweet!  I would remove the text on the y-split with the tip of a glue gun.  While the gun is hot and the tip is clean, just rub the tip on the text until it is gone.

Aug 11, 2013 at 10:11 PM Post #12,614 of 16,305
Quote:
Okay
confused.gif
 That means you can't have any discussion, whatsoever. Why don't you go clean up the Show us your Head-Fi station thread? Thats should only be pictures!

No problem.  I was just simply pointing out that there are other ways to comment on pictures.  
gs1000.gif

I have no interest in the other threads.  They are not labeled "Gallery".   
wink.gif

Aug 12, 2013 at 4:13 PM Post #12,615 of 16,305
Thanks for the feedback everyone :).
@Glunteer http://www.head-fi.org/t/676402/diy-cable-questions-and-comments-thread . But in short it will be fine to use :). I will try to make some pictures from my rca - mini jack adapters.
Quote:
That Denon cable is sweet!  I would remove the text on the y-split with the tip of a glue gun.  While the gun is hot and the tip is clean, just rub the tip on the text until it is gone.

Now, that is an awesome idea! I'll try it out before I sell the pair. Thanks for the tip.
Will post some of my interconnects in the following days & some rca <> mini jack.

moar pictures!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back