DIY Cable Gallery!!
Jul 24, 2013 at 2:04 AM Post #12,378 of 16,305
lol,already sold~~~~~~~~~

Jul 24, 2013 at 2:48 PM Post #12,379 of 16,305
Does anyone have any experience with the Nucleotide offered by Double Helix (specifically the Teflon-coated, not the polyethylene)? Looks like fantastic stuff, and I realize it's going to be a little stiffer, but how stiff are we talking (for purposed of braiding)? Does it easily transmit noise if the wire is bumped or brushed against clothing?

I have some of the btg-audio stuff, and it's nice, but a little thin for my tastes (at 26 awg). Might do an IEM recable with it.

Jul 24, 2013 at 2:56 PM Post #12,380 of 16,305
Quote:
Does anyone have any experience with the Nucleotide offered by Double Helix (specifically the Teflon-coated, not the polyethylene)? Looks like fantastic stuff, and I realize it's going to be a little stiffer, but how stiff are we talking (for purposed of braiding)? Does it easily transmit noise if the wire is bumped or brushed against clothing?

I have some of the btg-audio stuff, and it's nice, but a little thin for my tastes (at 26 awg). Might do an IEM recable with it.

I have used most of the DHC stuff and like it all.  I haven't made a cable with the teflon Nucleotide, as I got it to use as internal wiring for amps.  It is definitely stiffer and will be more prone to kinking, as will all teflon coated wire, but I don't think it will be disastrous as the teflon is thinner than you normally find on typical teflon wire.  I used a 26awg variant covered with some Type 1 paracord and it ended up not very different at all from the normal Nucleotide.  

Jul 24, 2013 at 9:50 PM Post #12,382 of 16,305
Looking to recable my HE-400s soon. Considering either navships SPC or stripped down mogami 2534. Don't know which braid to use, don't know what size techflex/paracord, and don't know which connectors to use. Any help?

Jul 24, 2013 at 11:19 PM Post #12,383 of 16,305
Type I Paracord (also called Accessory or Vest cord) works well with Mogami 2534 or 2893 (and probably other wires of a similar gauge).

SupplyCaptain.com is where I get mine.  Good selection and price, and fast shipping even most of the way across the country (NY to AZ).

Jul 24, 2013 at 11:26 PM Post #12,384 of 16,305
Quote:
Type I Paracord (also called Accessory or Vest cord) works well with Mogami 2534 or 2893 (and probably other wires of a similar gauge).

SupplyCaptain.com is where I get mine.  Good selection and price, and fast shipping even most of the way across the country (NY to AZ).

Would it work if i'm just sleeving the conductors; I'm not using the whole cable, just the wires. 4 up to the y split and then 2 and 2?

Jul 25, 2013 at 2:39 AM Post #12,385 of 16,305
Type I paracord is likely fine for the individual conductors, but it's definitely too small of a diameter for the full cable.

Jul 25, 2013 at 10:17 AM Post #12,388 of 16,305
Quote:
Would it work if i'm just sleeving the conductors; I'm not using the whole cable, just the wires. 4 up to the y split and then 2 and 2?

Quote:
Type I paracord is likely fine for the individual conductors, but it's definitely too small of a diameter for the full cable.

This.

Type 1 is perfect for the individual wires rather than the whole cable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back