DIY Cable Gallery!!
Sep 13, 2004 at 6:57 PM Post #91 of 16,305
Most of my raw cables are from Take Five audio, though I have also purchased from Dedicated. Flex and heatshrink from Cable Organizer, and bullet plugs from a friend in the USA. The black RCAs are made by Dayton and are from Parts Express. I wholeheartedly recommend all suppliers, especially Take Five, who really go the extra mile to help.

If you need any supplies, let me know offline!

Cheers,
Paul.

Sep 13, 2004 at 7:39 PM Post #92 of 16,305
Wooh, silver Eichmann Bullets Paul... did you recently win the lottery?
biggrin.gif
Something is really attractive about that purple techflex, this is the first time I've seen someone use it.

Sep 13, 2004 at 7:50 PM Post #93 of 16,305
Quote:

Originally Posted by paulflowe
Most of my raw cables are from Take Five audio, though I have also purchased from Dedicated. Flex and heatshrink from Cable Organizer, and bullet plugs from a friend in the USA. The black RCAs are made by Dayton and are from Parts Express. I wholeheartedly recommend all suppliers, especially Take Five, who really go the extra mile to help.

If you need any supplies, let me know offline!

Cheers,
Paul.

Thanks for the info
smily_headphones1.gif
I don't need anything right now, but you might get a PM in month or so
wink.gif

/U.

Sep 14, 2004 at 6:58 PM Post #94 of 16,305
highflyin9 - the silver bullets are expensive, that's true - but in my system, to my ears, they make a worthy difference. What's not clear from the picture is that there's white flex over the cable aswell, but it's still really flexible, and really lightweight too. For the satellite coax, the purple flex is stretched quite tightly around the semi-transparent tubing that the copper core and silver wire run through, so it looks a lot lighter in reality.

Nisbeth - no problem at all! PM when ready.

Take care and best wishes,
Paul

Sep 23, 2004 at 2:23 PM Post #95 of 16,305
a few new cables, experimenting with different cables and sleeving:

ic01.JPG

ic05.JPG

they are:
1/4" to 1/4" stereo cable made with cat 5, sleeved in croylek 5mm sleeving, altronics gold connectors i had lieing around.
mini to mini made with canare L2T2S, croylek black 5mm sleeving, altronics gold connectors.
mini to mini made with red proel HPC-210 (mmm love that range of colours, and cheap too!), altronics gold connectors.

hrmm now if i could only figure out a way to use my neutrik mini connectors with the proel or starquad and still make them look pretty....

edit: fixed the images.

Sep 24, 2004 at 11:50 AM Post #96 of 16,305
xlr.gif

two balanced cables, proel HPC-210 mic cable with neutrik 3 pin XLR connectors. for my lovely new krk's!!
tongue.gif

Sep 25, 2004 at 2:22 AM Post #98 of 16,305
cheers. more mic leads/speaker leads will be coming shortly once ive had a chance to repatch our studio and get the new interface up
smily_headphones1.gif

Sep 27, 2004 at 7:10 AM Post #99 of 16,305
thanks highflyin9 for all the help, i took some pics with my pda of the cable, but they are kind of blurry. I want to share but apparently there is a file size limit for attachments, and i don't have my own website

Sep 30, 2004 at 1:33 PM Post #105 of 16,305
Quick question for the makers of star quad IC's terminating in mini-plugs: what's the part # on the star quad you're using? Is it the L-4E6S or the L-4E5C? I need to make me a couple of mini-mini ic's so after doing a bit of reading, starquad seemed like the way to go.

Thanx.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back