DIY Cable Gallery!!
Aug 19, 2004 at 2:02 AM Post #76 of 16,305
Quote:

Originally Posted by thrice
It's a way to braid the wires. Scroll up a little bit higher to see Highflyin9's post about it.

Opps how did I miss that?

Aug 19, 2004 at 1:44 PM Post #77 of 16,305
now i know theyre nothing compared to most of the cables you guys have build, but hey you gotta start somewhere right??? i just bought parts off the shelf from altronics. these cables are destined to adorn the 4 (yes four) technics 1200's we have in our studio.
cables1.jpg

cables2.jpg

note the cheapo plastic rca's next to them. i had some cable lieing around and the connectors cost me next to nothing. so next time someone asks me for an rca, and i know i'll never get it back, i've got something to give them!
280smile.gif
plus theyre always useful to have in your record bag in case something screws up!@#

oh if you are all interested in our dj setup it's here:
http://users.bigpond.net.au/xpander/finished2.jpg
http://users.bigpond.net.au/xpander/finished012.jpg
http://users.bigpond.net.au/xpander/finished011.jpg

600smile.gif

Aug 23, 2004 at 11:25 PM Post #79 of 16,305
RnB180,

Nice! are those for a SACD/DVD-A Player?

Scott

Aug 28, 2004 at 7:44 AM Post #83 of 16,305
thanks, I can make one more set, but my funds are lacking, If you think those are nice, Im contemplating on some very very very fancy looking cables, dressing up cables is the fun part, the money on the other hand is not.

Aug 28, 2004 at 4:30 PM Post #85 of 16,305
ya, i actually have those auctioning, ive auctioned many of my cables, but they always sell at cost, so I do not think i will be selling anymore, i have 12 locking bananas left, just enought for one more bi wire set. I had plans of making dual sleeved cabling, with sleeved leads also, and possibly a wire loom at the base of the leads.

Sep 6, 2004 at 9:47 PM Post #86 of 16,305
here is a 4 pole 3.5mm plug to 3 pole 3.5mm plug cable i made for a portable dvd-a player. the 4 pole plug is ground, l, r, and interlaced video. i grounded the 0v and video leads at the source end, since it is only for audio (the dvd-a player has a 16:9 lcd). the cable is blue starquad covered in black flextech, the plugs are switchcraft, and kester silver solder. this is only my third cable, and i don't know if this has been tried before. i made this to use with a sr-71 amp, and it works great.
4pole.jpg

Sep 7, 2004 at 4:44 AM Post #87 of 16,305
Quote:

Originally Posted by redshifter
here is a 4 pole 3.5mm plug to 3 pole 3.5mm plug cable i made for a portable dvd-a player. the 4 pole plug is ground, l, r, and interlaced video. i grounded the 0v and video leads at the source end, since it is only for audio (the dvd-a player has a 16:9 lcd). the cable is blue starquad covered in black flextech, the plugs are switchcraft, and kester silver solder. this is only my third cable, and i don't know if this has been tried before. i made this to use with a sr-71 amp, and it works great.

Looks good. What size techflex is that?

Sep 7, 2004 at 7:08 AM Post #88 of 16,305
Quote:

Originally Posted by bg4533
Looks good. What size techflex is that?

thanks. i think it is 1/8" techflex--it may be another brand though. the smaller gauge sleeve allows the blue to show through.

Sep 12, 2004 at 4:24 PM Post #89 of 16,305
All cables are soldered with Kester '44' 63/37, plugs helped by PTFE, and pins treated with Caig Deoxit/Progold.

Belden 89259 analogue 1m with RCAs and black flex. I have six of them between my processor and power amp, and another to the subwoofer.

1mana.jpg

Belden 1695A 0.5m with CuTe bullets and blue flex. Perfect for digital audio or video.

1mdigi.jpg

1m Satellite coax (20AWG copper centre) with 28AWG 99.99% fine silver from Take Five. Covered in purple flex. Made from odds 'n' sods from the garage, really!

SatCoaxSvr.jpg

1m all silver (28AWG cotton-covered from VH Audio) as per CVH recipe, except I've used unbleached natural cotton rope covered in PTFE as a base, thus making the cable very flexible. Sounds fabulous!
biggrin.gif

SilverVH4m.jpg

Keep the pictures coming please, ladies and gents...

Best regards to all,
Paul.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back