DIY Cable Gallery!!
Jun 18, 2013 at 12:00 AM Post #12,091 of 16,305
Quote:

Thanks to both of you. I think for now I will buy what I need, and maybe in a month or so buy some parts and see if I can make something I like a little better.

This is the epitome of all DIY, in my opinion.  Make what you like, and part of the fun (as well as part of the real or perceived improvements too, probably) is getting just what you want and just the way you want it to look.

Jun 18, 2013 at 1:25 PM Post #12,096 of 16,305
Quote:
What is big enough o:? I'm just looking for some darn sheathing haha

Nylon multifilament is available in many different sizes (but rarely in any color other than black).  I think 3/16" fits most 24awg wires (definitely fine for Doublehelixcables Nucleotide), but I think wire stripped out of Canare and Mogami cables are a little thicker.  I haven't worked with them in a while so others will have to chime in.  You can get nylon multifilament from a lot of places, but I get mine from the seller furryletters on ebay.  

Jun 18, 2013 at 1:51 PM Post #12,097 of 16,305
Quote:
Nylon multifilament is available in many different sizes (but rarely in any color other than black).  I think 3/16" fits most 24awg wires (definitely fine for Doublehelixcables Nucleotide), but I think wire stripped out of Canare and Mogami cables are a little thicker.  I haven't worked with them in a while so others will have to chime in.  You can get nylon multifilament from a lot of places, but I get mine from the seller furryletters on ebay.  

Thank you! Would it hurt terribly to have it a bit thicker, maybe 1/4"?

Jun 18, 2013 at 6:28 PM Post #12,100 of 16,305
I still can't fathom trying to sleeve 6 feet of cable. Especially 4 times. Guess I just don't know the trick yet.

Jun 18, 2013 at 9:13 PM Post #12,105 of 16,305

Users who are viewing this thread

Back