DIY Cable Gallery!!
Jan 29, 2013 at 12:14 PM Post #11,176 of 16,305
Quote:

Doesnt look DIY but its a DIY Pair Oyaide SLSC 4N Silver RCA + FTVS-510 5N Silver Coaxial Cable ~3ft using WBT Solder. need to buy bigger transparent shrink tube so i can shrink the ends lol 
I nearly bought the Tunami Terzo RCA pre-made pair but I might as well go silver!
and yes I'm a sucker for Oyaide, right next to it is an Across 750 which is premade by Oyaide which I have been using for the past year or so :)

Nothing wrong with loving Oyaide.  I'd have more of it if I could afford it.  Or rather, it is more fun to make 4-5 cables with the same amount of money.

Jan 29, 2013 at 12:15 PM Post #11,177 of 16,305
Quote:
If you bothered to spent so much money on nice plated and knurled connectors and pretty braided shield cable why use ugly heat shrink over it?

Some water-clear PVC heatshrink would be ideal in this instance.  Can keep most of the aesthetic.

Jan 29, 2013 at 1:35 PM Post #11,178 of 16,305
I first got them from Markertek.
http://www.markertek.com/Connectors-Adapters/Audio-Adapters/3-5mm-Adapters/Switchcraft-Corporation/35HDRANAU.xhtml

The plugs are great, very high quality, very good stuff.

Also bought another set from usbargainsound, but haven't received the stuff yet.

Jan 31, 2013 at 8:41 AM Post #11,184 of 16,305
Quote:
Hey guys newbie here i need to know
1) What kind of 3.5mm jack is this called?
2) where can i buy one? (I am only interested in the jack)

That would be a right-angled mini jack. There are many available from Neutrik or Switchcraft, although I don't know of a connector exactly like the one in the picture. Those are larger and have an aluminium barrel.

Feb 1, 2013 at 1:08 AM Post #11,189 of 16,305
Quote:
Btw anyone here have any experience with the Amphenol 1/4 plug? Looks identical to the 3.5mm, jw if there are any differences. These days im getting the itch to recable my denons...So tempting. 

i have. and both 3.5mm and 6.3mm amphenol plugs have good internals as well, as good as neutrik plugs i say. although there is this one instance that the tip of my 3.5mm amphenol plug got stucked inside a headphone jack LOL

it only happened once though, and ive been using the brand for about 2 years now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back