DIY Cable Gallery!!
Nov 3, 2012 at 1:51 AM Post #10,426 of 16,305
Sweet TF10 cable!

Nov 3, 2012 at 2:11 AM Post #10,427 of 16,305
Quote:
yes, I solder the cable with silver argentium hard wire first, apply heatshrink, put inside the plastic pen tube, then fill with epoxy...
biggrin.gif

Nice.

Nov 4, 2012 at 12:35 PM Post #10,433 of 16,305
Nov 4, 2012 at 4:18 PM Post #10,434 of 16,305
What gauge of wire should I use to make my own headphone cable?

I'm going to be using FTWPC sleeving from here: http://ftwpc.com/cables-and-sleeving/ftw-sleeve/ftw-sleeve-small-v2-0-black.html
Each individual wire will get its own sleeve.

Nov 4, 2012 at 5:28 PM Post #10,435 of 16,305
Please search around a bit to get a consensus.  We are a helpful and supportive bunch, but you really should put in some work to find the answer.  It will make the hobby more fun as you decide what to go with.

Nov 5, 2012 at 7:42 AM Post #10,438 of 16,305
As a quick reminder, the DIY Cable FAQ is available in the articles section of Head-Fi.

We try to keep it useful both for experienced cable builders as a reference for common pinouts, and for raw newbies who need to know what equipment to get.

Updates have been sparse over the past year because pingupenguins and I have both been busy, but if you have any particular questions you think is worth adding to the FAQ, feel free to PM me about it; if you have information that would be useful for the FAQ, dive right in and edit the thing!

Nov 5, 2012 at 8:12 AM Post #10,439 of 16,305
Quote:
As a quick reminder, the DIY Cable FAQ is available in the articles section of Head-Fi.
We try to keep it useful both for experienced cable builders as a reference for common pinouts, and for raw newbies who need to know what equipment to get.
Updates have been sparse over the past year because pingupenguins and I have both been busy, but if you have any particular questions you think is worth adding to the FAQ, feel free to PM me about it; if you have information that would be useful for the FAQ, dive right in and edit the thing!

And the efforts are quite appreciated.  would have been so nice to have when i first started.  im working on a visual guide to nearly all the pinouts you could want.  but itis slow going since i am learning Illustrator at the same time.

Nov 6, 2012 at 10:02 AM Post #10,440 of 16,305
Just changed the cable on my HA-S600. The stock cable was so flmisy and plasticy i felt sorry for it..Even worse quality then the new porta pro cable. 

Neutrik NTP3RCB connector that fits snugg on my phone or sansa clip+, overall im pleased with the result. Neutrik connectors is a charm to work with. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back