DIY Cable Gallery!!
Aug 26, 2012 at 11:33 PM Post #9,981 of 16,305
Quote:
Leftmost cable over 2 cables. Then right most cable over the prior left most. Then left most cable under 2 cables. Right most cable under the previous left most. Not sure u understood.. For a clearer idea go google 4 wire round braid. After the y-split I just twisted the two cables.

OK... sounds easy enuff. 
beerchug.gif

Aug 27, 2012 at 3:10 PM Post #9,982 of 16,305
The Shiny Vampire RCA set:

4 wire round braid of DHC Nucleotide UPOCC copper wire
Nylon craft cord sleeving for each wire
Custom Vampire Wire rhodium plated RCA connectors

A couple years ago, I used to live literally around the corner from Vampire Wire and used to beg for scraps to play with.  The connectors on this interconnect set were custom built for one of Vampire Wire's customers who backed out of the purchase.  They had trays and trays of these connectors.  I was able to buy two sets of plugs and finally decided to use them.  They were pretty expensive, but gorgeously built.  Wish I had been able to afford more at the time.  The shells are heavily plated with a textured rhodium and feel wonderful in the hand.  I added some 3M DiNoc carbon fiber vinyl to the barrels on one side for giggles.  

Aug 27, 2012 at 3:40 PM Post #9,983 of 16,305

It's a 50cm rca cable. With a silver wire (99,99%) cryo.
There are one additional cotton sheath than the picture.

Very nice. How much did the RCA connectors set you back?

Aug 27, 2012 at 11:09 PM Post #9,984 of 16,305
Quote:
The Shiny Vampire RCA set:

Adding the carbon fiber wrap is a nice touch, but I think the other end of the cable is feeling a bit under-dressed and would like the same treatment. :wink:

Beautiful cables, FraGGleR!

Aug 27, 2012 at 11:33 PM Post #9,985 of 16,305
Adding the carbon fiber wrap is a nice touch, but I think the other end of the cable is feeling a bit under-dressed and would like the same treatment. :wink:

Beautiful cables, FraGGleR!
I'm the opposite. I find the bare shell to be more attractive than the CF. Those plugs are just so nice on their own I wouldn't touch it.

Aug 28, 2012 at 10:17 PM Post #9,990 of 16,305
Quote:
is canare quad good for RCA?

Sure!  Many people start with Canare or Mogami cable on their journey into DIY cables and feel no need to go further.  Both brands are used extensively on the production and performance side of the industry so they certainly won't hurt your system.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back