DIY Cable Gallery!!
Feb 4, 2012 at 5:11 PM Post #8,431 of 16,305
Do not use the Mogami shielding as a ground it is a different quality copper and it oxidizes really quickly.

Feb 4, 2012 at 5:28 PM Post #8,432 of 16,305

Quote:
The only thing is I need the plug to be small enough to go in through my iphone bumper, so that has to be it, can't see anything else that would work

I'm pretty sure that it will, there's also the Neutrik right-angle in case that you are having too much trouble with your iphone's bumper.  It is slimmer than the regular, straight Neutrik.

I, on the other hand, carved out the HP plug hole in my Samsung Galaxy's bumper/siliconeCasing/whatever so that bigger plugs can fit in there!

Feb 4, 2012 at 5:35 PM Post #8,433 of 16,305

Quote:

I'm pretty sure that it will, there's also the Neutrik right-angle in case that you are having too much trouble with your iphone's bumper.  It is slimmer than the regular, straight Neutrik.

I, on the other hand, carved out the HP plug hole in my Samsung Galaxy's bumper/siliconeCasing/whatever so that bigger plugs can fit in there!

I know that the housing has to be less then 5mm, so I'll check that one out. If it's still too big I won't have much of another choice.
I would, but the case would probably split in half since its so thin

Feb 4, 2012 at 6:16 PM Post #8,434 of 16,305

Quote:
Made this for my HD650's, 22 guage silver plated copper from Navships.

Picture of the braiding (hated to cover it up after all the work)

The final product, I might go back and cover up the upper area but need to find thinner sleeve.

Looks good! How does it sound(if at all different)? 

Also, while waiting on my normal sized Mogami to get here, I decided to test making a braid out of the mini.

I cut it out, and got a nice braid out of it. 26 gauge is a lot more annoying to work with than I thought! I'll probably throw a headphone jack on this and let it fly on FS for the cheapsies, since I don't need an IEM cable and it's too small for my needs/wants :p Does anyone think I should cover it in Techflex? I kind of like the look of this, not sure about durability though 0.o

Feb 4, 2012 at 6:27 PM Post #8,435 of 16,305
Nice.

That reminds me, when I reterminated an American Audio HP700, the three wires in the cable were red, white (not clear, literally milky white), and blue - pretty patriotic, lol!  Lives up to the brand name. 
tongue_smile.gif

Feb 4, 2012 at 10:56 PM Post #8,437 of 16,305

Quote:
Looks good! How does it sound(if at all different)? 

Also, while waiting on my normal sized Mogami to get here, I decided to test making a braid out of the mini.

I cut it out, and got a nice braid out of it. 26 gauge is a lot more annoying to work with than I thought! I'll probably throw a headphone jack on this and let it fly on FS for the cheapsies, since I don't need an IEM cable and it's too small for my needs/wants :p Does anyone think I should cover it in Techflex? I kind of like the look of this, not sure about durability though 0.o

It opened up the lows and highs some, not drastic but I can definitely notice, listening to metal the guitars are brighter and bass has more punch.  I used this: http://www.ebay.com/itm/230724923573?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2648#ht_500wt_1180
to cover it, very nice and quiet unlike Techflex, I used techflex on my HD280 pro's but it is noisy,

Feb 5, 2012 at 6:38 AM Post #8,439 of 16,305
^ nice! I like the pattern of your sleeving.
below is my low profile lod I made few days ago, took me around 30' to finish it. Since I already ran out of epoxy had to resort to using hot glue instead, which came out quite messy. :frowning2:

Feb 5, 2012 at 9:40 AM Post #8,440 of 16,305

I made this cord out of sheer boredom. Found an interesting colored ribbon at my local hardware store after giving up on ever finding quality material in this country.
I'm quite happy with the results as well as with the custom Y section I made out of a 3.5mm TRS which I drilled out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back