DIY Cable Gallery!!
Sep 21, 2011 at 5:19 AM Post #7,531 of 16,305

Quote:
He made me a realy nice one (didn't charge me for it by the way!!) I think he cuts down normal ones with a dremil then side wires them details them with epoxy, real pretty. The only other way is to buy a left/right handed USB extension as I did and wire the ipod dock connector.

thanks for the reply, spud.. i might try your suggestion

another question though, i just found out ridax hasn't been selling ipod LOD for some times..where else i can obtain them with cheap shipping fee? ridax was really the best place since they only charged like 3/5 dollars per shipping

Sep 21, 2011 at 6:33 AM Post #7,532 of 16,305
I got some a couple of months back.... Apple must have stopped them selling them.

Which are you after? I may be able to sort you out.... PM me a picture of the one you want, think I've got 3-4 types here.

Sep 21, 2011 at 9:33 AM Post #7,533 of 16,305

Quote:
I got some a couple of months back.... Apple must have stopped them selling them.

Which are you after? I may be able to sort you out.... PM me a picture of the one you want, think I've got 3-4 types here.

apple sold those stuffs? i don't think so, maybe i have misinterpreted myself but this is what i was looking for:

ridax don't sell them anymore and i can't find any other sources that offer a reliable shipping fee. spudharris, check your PM

Sep 21, 2011 at 9:37 AM Post #7,534 of 16,305
Quote:
^ no offense, but its really best to just leave this alone and move on.

x2, were going to get this thread locked again if you guys keep talking...

Sep 21, 2011 at 10:03 AM Post #7,535 of 16,305

Quote:
apple sold those stuffs? i don't think so, maybe i have misinterpreted myself but this is what i was looking for:

ridax don't sell them anymore and i can't find any other sources that offer a reliable shipping fee. spudharris, check your PM

You mis-read my post. I said Apple must have stopped them (Ridax) selling them....

Sep 21, 2011 at 11:22 PM Post #7,541 of 16,305
So let me get this straight parrots was banned because one guy accused him of being a MOT (which should mean you run a business/ebay store that sells audio equipment). But what I saw was that parrots bought plugs in bulk because he uses them and wanted the discount of bulk shopping and then gets banned because of it? Seems kind of ridiculous that a. he got banned because of accusations from another user who may or may not dislike him and b. he was banned instead of having his status changed to a MOT (because the rules for what constitutes a MOT appear to be fairly ambiguous).

Sep 22, 2011 at 12:07 AM Post #7,542 of 16,305
So let me get this straight parrots was banned because one guy accused him of being a MOT (which should mean you run a business/ebay store that sells audio equipment). But what I saw was that parrots bought plugs in bulk because he uses them and wanted the discount of bulk shopping and then gets banned because of it? Seems kind of ridiculous that a. he got banned because of accusations from another user who may or may not dislike him and b. he was banned instead of having his status changed to a MOT (because the rules for what constitutes a MOT appear to be fairly ambiguous).

As said by others, it's probably a better idea to move any discussion regarding Parrots, the ban, etc. elsewhere (another thread or to PMs, generally Mods/Admins won't discuss bans though) and keep this thread on topic. And not locked :wink:.

Sep 22, 2011 at 5:40 AM Post #7,543 of 16,305

Quote:
Anyone knows an alternative for the cardas sennheiser plug?, anyone know if these would work? http://www.plastics1.com/CCS/Catalog.php?Cat=70

I hate soldering those little Cardas HSPC buggers and I really hate the price of them. But they seem to be the only game in town for DIY Sennheiser cables. Otherwise you have to source a used Senn cable and break out the Dremel... Which will end up looking like crap.

Sep 22, 2011 at 6:04 AM Post #7,544 of 16,305
Sep 22, 2011 at 6:05 AM Post #7,545 of 16,305

Users who are viewing this thread

Back