DIY Cable Gallery!!
Sep 6, 2011 at 5:21 AM Post #7,426 of 16,305
I think its mostly selling placebo with 3k cables. A cable that costs that much should be a 300% improvement over "stock" usb cord. But even in theory that's not possible, you must be out of your mind to pay 3k more to get a possible >5% improvement. You're much better off investing in other equipment.

Sep 6, 2011 at 1:15 PM Post #7,430 of 16,305

Quote:
I think its mostly selling placebo with 3k cables. A cable that costs that much should be a 300% improvement over "stock" usb cord. But even in theory that's not possible, you must be out of your mind to pay 3k more to get a possible >5% improvement. You're much better off investing in other equipment.

On the one hand, I am not a cable believer (other than getting the basics of shielding in there). On the other hand, I don't mind paying a little extra for something well made that looks nice, especially if I know how much work went into it (assuming it was actually hand made and not just something generic and sleeved afterwards). Getting into the high three digit or four digit figures though... man that's a couple mortage payments right there. 

Sep 6, 2011 at 6:32 PM Post #7,433 of 16,305
cable adaptors for the protector's balanced and single ended output using mini xlrs

some of my interconnects and lods using mundorfs, Xlo pro, denko cables

my diy custom cable (diy sockets)

Sep 7, 2011 at 12:50 AM Post #7,436 of 16,305
LOD = [Audio] Line-out Dock

Quote:
It's better just to use 3/1 or 4/1 as it's then about 3 times thicker then normal ones.

I use 2:1, often off of the bay since it pops up now and then at 20-40 feet for ~$5.  1/4 isn't that thick.

Sep 7, 2011 at 6:14 AM Post #7,438 of 16,305
I've seen some for $1 off of fleabay.  2.5mm or 3.5mm, whichever you need, plug adapter or cable adapter.  Is that what you meant?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back