DIY Cable Gallery!!
Aug 8, 2011 at 4:10 PM Post #7,113 of 16,305
Aug 9, 2011 at 12:03 AM Post #7,115 of 16,305
eek.gif

Aug 9, 2011 at 12:46 AM Post #7,116 of 16,305
As for me, this is what I looked like when I found this thread: 
bigsmile_face.gif

Am gonna be looking thru this thread for the ultimate purpose of building a couple of interconnects and headphone cables...got my eyes on Gotham Audo GAC-4/1 cabling, Neutrik NP3x-B connector and a normal mini-lxr cable as a replacement for the stock K-702 cable.  I had a chance to try that on a unit and felt it was a much fuller sound all around than the stock cable.

Will post pics one of these fine days...but got much learning ahead....I will be back once I've done my due diligence of reading the umpteen posts and pics making for another labyrinthine road associated with this mad hobby.

Aug 9, 2011 at 1:13 AM Post #7,117 of 16,305
Well there is a Jaben distributor in Melbourne...anyway......

eek.gif
 Just had a look at some of the Piccolino wire, especially the one for detachable universals and customs which I've been thinking of getting for my ES5's.....but at a staggering US$1338
confused_face.gif
 these wires are extremely expensive

http://jaben.net/shopping2/Crystal-cable-for-custome-IEMs-powered-by-Crystal-Piccolino.html

Parrots are these well worth there price since they are processed by cystalisation or w/e since you own a set for your HD800 cans? Are they that good and justify the price they are at, because these are about one of the most expensive wires I've ever seen......

Aug 9, 2011 at 4:54 AM Post #7,119 of 16,305

Quote:
For me Piccolino is worth every penny I have spent on it but but mine do work out far less then what Jaben sell them for.
The HD800's just sound amazing to my ears with this wire and I will be making one today for my LCD-2's and then rewire everything else I have with it, might even do the toaster and see if the bread tastes any better lol.

LOL! 

Yeah just had a further look on the Jaben website, even their mini interconnect is expensive at a staggering US$298. I could make 3-4 extremely good interconnects with that amount or buy 5 pre-made Millian interconnects. I wish these Piccolino cables are more easy and cheaper to grab hold of.

Also I haven't replied back to the couple post before this I made and you responded about you picking on me just don't worry about it because I was in a rush and didn't read the whole post you made so it was my fault for jumping the gun and assuming what you were saying total misinterpretation.

Just one more question which in terms of sound quality would sound better, good solid core copper cables or pure silver cables? Also for some of your recabling jobs, do the wires come with that clear insulating tube or did you sleeve the normal wires through the insulator tubes. Most of my recabling jobs have been sleeved with monofilament and teflon braid or butt-naked braids, am interested in the looks of clear cabling with the copper core inside such as the one posted by piotrus-g of his customs recabled with the solid core wires in previous pages.

Aug 9, 2011 at 7:29 AM Post #7,120 of 16,305
Mini to Mini for my cmoy.
Nothing fancy, just a regular Neutrik jack with Canare cable. The cable is too small, so I use shrink hose in the enclosure.

Aug 9, 2011 at 2:24 PM Post #7,123 of 16,305
Does nylon multifilament come in different colors? I want to cover my wires after a y-split in some sort of yellow sleeving; is techflex the only option?

Aug 9, 2011 at 2:36 PM Post #7,124 of 16,305

Quote:
Does nylon multifilament come in different colors? I want to cover my wires after a y-split in some sort of yellow sleeving; is techflex the only option?

I've seen black only. but the monofilament seems to have mroe colors, furryletters in ebay have good ones. Ive read that paracord is a good option but never tried it myself.

Aug 9, 2011 at 5:02 PM Post #7,125 of 16,305
Quote:
I've seen black only. but the monofilament seems to have mroe colors, furryletters in ebay have good ones. Ive read that paracord is a good option but never tried it myself.

Thanks, but I don't see any monofilament on his ebay page.

Would using yellow heat shrink from the y split all the way up be a bad idea?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back