DIY Cable Gallery!!
Aug 31, 2009 at 4:33 AM Post #4,576 of 16,309
Quote:

Originally Posted by skyline889 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thanks! I'm not a fan of flash and pizazz so I try to go for a clean and elegant look.

Here's a mini-rca I built recently:

http://i205.photobucket.com/albums/b...s/DSC_2862.jpg

Very clean, gotta build one myself sometime soon.

Here is a clean (outside atleast) impedance adaptor, 75ohms each channel. Don't know if this is considered a "cable"
tongue.gif

Inside

img0144ysq.jpg

Outside

img5340p.jpg

Aug 31, 2009 at 4:45 PM Post #4,578 of 16,309
yes; like most connectors the ground pin is the thicker one.

Sep 4, 2009 at 1:17 AM Post #4,580 of 16,309
I made this cable near the start of summer because I really wanted to go into a balanced set up, but after the NJ meet I realized that I wanted to go towards the stax route more than anything else so the cable just hung around for a while. I ended up making the extension cable and adapters for another head-fier who was moving onto a balanced set up. So he traded me his old dac for what I guess I'd call the total Vampire. I hope you guys like em, they took forever.
vamp_03-1.jpg

Sep 8, 2009 at 11:56 AM Post #4,582 of 16,309
This are my first works, i did them last night:

First
- Jacks Neutrik
- Cable Sommercable ISOPOD SO-F22

Second
- Jacks Hicon.
- Cable ProAudio OFC.

Third
- Jakcs Hicon.
- Cable MOGAMI 2791.
- Expandable sleeving ELECAUDIO (PET), black, gold and white.

Sep 9, 2009 at 10:32 PM Post #4,584 of 16,309
My first non-interconnect cable. No Techflex, no Teflon, no PTFE. Just two RS connectors with Cat.5 cable. Each strand was too thin imo so I used two strands twisted together per connection and braided the strands together. It was my first so I didn't want to put a lot of money into it in case it didn't work, but it does.

Sep 11, 2009 at 2:51 PM Post #4,585 of 16,309
where is the best place in the us to buy wire, connectors, and techflex?

also i have a pair of audio technica ath m30's anyone have an idea on how to recable these? might just keep the cable and put 1/8" techflex on them and make the cable shorter, any ideas?

Sep 16, 2009 at 8:52 PM Post #4,587 of 16,309
Quote:

Originally Posted by blaken /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Great looking cable. What connectors are those and where did you source them?

This has been asked a hundred times in this thread, please read through the past few pages.

Sep 17, 2009 at 7:25 PM Post #4,590 of 16,309
Quote:

Originally Posted by skyline889 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
This has been asked a hundred times in this thread, please read through the past few pages.

Your post of this cable was #4561 I read every post between that one and this one before I posted and at no point did you state what the cable make up was.

From your flippant response I assume at some time in the past you made a different cable or some one else did with the same components and they(you) posted what it was and where to source them. Your suggestion is to assume that if some one posted a cable some one else prior has explained what the components are and where to source them. You should read all prior pages to make absolutely sure no one else has made a similar cable and given the part and source.

If these questions annoy you then why not just post the cable makeup in the thread when you post the image?

It looks like you did post another set of cables in post #4530 and then when asked in post #4537 you said that you got them from a local retailer that no longer sells them. Unless I am missing a post you never did state what brand the RCAs were. I would suggest from now on if you make more cables with these ends to put in the post that they were sourced locally and the brand is unknown.

Including myself three (3) people have asked you what ends those were between your original post and this one. Think of how much nicer it would have been if you had just typed "Sorry, I got them locally and I don't know the manufacturer" That's even less typing then your response.

Sorry to have bothered you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back