DIY Cable Gallery!!
Jul 26, 2009 at 11:02 PM Post #4,472 of 16,305
Thanks for the kind words
redface.gif

It's Canare starquad with a weird kind of Techflex over it. It's thick but very flexible. I love it!
Sound also greatly improved with the recable and the Dynamat mod
biggrin.gif

Pyrokid, if you ever get a Grado, you'll be amazed at how easy they are, it's crazy!
All you need is some hot water and you're done..!

Jul 27, 2009 at 12:16 AM Post #4,474 of 16,305
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bonthouse /img/forum/go_quote.gif
redface.gif

It's Canare starquad with a weird kind of Techflex over it. It's thick but very flexible. I love it!
biggrin.gif

Pyrokid, if you ever get a Grado, you'll be amazed at how easy they are, it's crazy!

I used the same for my k81dj's, except it was Mogami Starquad and multifilament.

dsc05081medium.jpg

Brendan

Jul 27, 2009 at 12:28 AM Post #4,475 of 16,305
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bonthouse /img/forum/go_quote.gif
redface.gif

biggrin.gif

haha, I had an MS1, and it took me like half an hour to get both cups open.
I probably used the wrong methods, though. (I just grabbed both sides of the cups and pulled until they came apart. it was only after this that I thought there might be an easier way, and I searched for it. Turns out my way was so inconvinient, I couldn't even find one mention of it.)

Jul 27, 2009 at 2:38 AM Post #4,477 of 16,305
Huh? A double post with just short of 2 hours in between? Server.. what has happened to you?!

Jul 29, 2009 at 6:24 PM Post #4,480 of 16,305
Quote:

Originally Posted by danne /img/forum/go_quote.gif
My first cable
smily_headphones1.gif

cable.jpg

How hard is it to swap out headphone cable on the AKG K518 DJ?
Would like to do something simular so it matches.

Here is a step by step pictorial: http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f6/my-...inions-426491/

In short, take off the earpads, unscrew the three screws, then take off cover. Unsolder wires, make a new strain relief (or attempt to reuse the old one), reverse disassembly procedure and you're done.

Jul 29, 2009 at 7:39 PM Post #4,481 of 16,305
Quote:

Originally Posted by cyberspyder /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Here is a step by step pictorial: http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f6/my-...inions-426491/

In short, take off the earpads, unscrew the three screws, then take off cover. Unsolder wires, make a new strain relief (or attempt to reuse the old one), reverse disassembly procedure and you're done.

Cheers!
Deffo gonna try that out
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 30, 2009 at 8:44 PM Post #4,483 of 16,305
how did you do that y-split?

Quote:

Originally Posted by cyberspyder /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I used the same for my k81dj's, except it was Mogami Starquad and multifilament.

dsc05081medium.jpg

Brendan

Jul 30, 2009 at 10:44 PM Post #4,484 of 16,305
Quote:

Originally Posted by bik2101 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
how did you do that y-split?

Im thinking adhesive heat shrink with a needle nosed pinched in the middle, you gotta hold the needle nose there until the shrink has fully cooled

Users who are viewing this thread

Back