DIY Cable Gallery!!
Mar 15, 2009 at 4:59 AM Post #3,931 of 16,305
Could I use any of these cables for a pretty decent cable? I only need the cable as I can get Neutrik plugs locally (it was a huge suprise). I'm not making it right away but I will in couple days or so, once I get my headphones.

Here's the link to options, if none of them are decent, say so.
Maplin > Audio & Video Cable

Mar 15, 2009 at 5:56 AM Post #3,932 of 16,305
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bonthouse /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Captain, you got some mad woodworking skills
beerchug.gif

Here's a slim LOD I whipped up today:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...w/P1000683.jpg

Done with DNM Reson solid core copper for ground and Mundorf SG wire for signal and protected by Techflex Multifilament Nylon sleeving.

That's some stellar looking LOD
wink.gif

Mar 15, 2009 at 8:06 AM Post #3,933 of 16,305
Quote:

Originally Posted by quane /img/forum/go_quote.gif

There's some interesting cable in there - I don't know if anyone has tried it, but it's worth a shot. All of the stuff that says "audio" in the title seems pretty good (look for Oxygen Free Copper).

Mar 15, 2009 at 1:47 PM Post #3,936 of 16,305
Thank you Juaquin.
I live in a pretty small town (it's still a town) and so it's quite hard to come by a decent cable or even a hi-fi shop.

Could you buy TechFlex in any local Hardware store?

Mar 15, 2009 at 3:00 PM Post #3,937 of 16,305
Quote:

Originally Posted by apatN /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Netjes. Die tukkers kunnen wel wat.
beerchug.gif

Thanks! Some sure can, others just drink Grolsch all day and start fights over soccer
beerchug.gif
But the last part happens all over the soccer-loving globe, not?
Nu snappen die Amerikanen er helemaal niets meer van
wink.gif

Mar 15, 2009 at 3:59 PM Post #3,938 of 16,305
Quote:

Could I use any of these cables for a pretty decent cable? I only need the cable as I can get Neutrik plugs locally (it was a huge suprise). I'm not making it right away but I will in couple days or so, once I get my headphones.

Good Lord that website has EVERYTHING!

Mar 15, 2009 at 5:12 PM Post #3,939 of 16,305
Was bored after work today so did a few more woodies. Need to oil them to darken them but finished the cables first this time instead of oiling before putting them together. Still have a load of materials over from when I sold cables so planning on making a wooden version of every cable I can xD I dont actually use any of the cables I made, just fun making them

IMG_3734.jpg

IMG_3739.jpg

IMG_3745.jpg

IMG_3747.jpg

IMG_3750.jpg

Mar 15, 2009 at 6:01 PM Post #3,940 of 16,305
Quote:

Could you buy TechFlex in any local Hardware store?

You can probably find something like it, but I don't know if they'll make it small enough - they probably sell larger sizes used by electricians and such. But it's worth a trip to find out.

Mar 16, 2009 at 12:20 AM Post #3,941 of 16,305
Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain Ødegård /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Was bored after work today so did a few more woodies. Need to oil them to darken them but finished the cables first this time instead of oiling before putting them together. Still have a load of materials over from when I sold cables so planning on making a wooden version of every cable I can xD I dont actually use any of the cables I made, just fun making them

pics

Wow Captain, those are some awesome looking mods. looking forward to more from you. I think they'd look even better stained.

Mar 16, 2009 at 3:23 PM Post #3,944 of 16,305
EFN (Mr Crabs - Love that Avatar!!), does that Canare do anything to help with the Bass? My 701's have the standard cable but I find them a tad light in that area...

I have to pair them with my PPAv2 because that has a Bass pot, but I'd like to use them with my GS Solo.
k701smile.gif

Mar 16, 2009 at 6:26 PM Post #3,945 of 16,305
Will this be a decent plug for an audio cable?
Neutrik - Audio - 1/4" Prof. Phone Plugs, X-Series - NP3X

It should be and I already have it
biggrin.gif
But I'm just checking, because it cost 2x as some cheap-ass plugs but I bought it because I thought it should be made of quality and should be better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back