DIY Cable Gallery!!
Feb 16, 2009 at 5:38 PM Post #3,796 of 16,305
Quote:

Originally Posted by apatN /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Please don't tell me that piece of heatshrink covers up that there are actually two pieces of sleeving there..

thats what I thought too; I couldnt figure it out either

Feb 16, 2009 at 7:58 PM Post #3,797 of 16,305
Quote:

Originally Posted by dfkt /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I assume the same plug I used (I put a Neutrik barrel on mine):

Qables | High Quality Custom Made Qables

P1110163-640.jpg

Is that cable connected to your Ultrasone HFI-780?

Feb 16, 2009 at 10:52 PM Post #3,800 of 16,305
Quote:

Originally Posted by dfkt /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It's the stock cable, I just made it shorter.

How did you know what wire went to ground, left and right?
also y didn't you just re use the regular termination cable?

Feb 17, 2009 at 1:25 AM Post #3,802 of 16,305
done, but please edit and break the image tags of unnecessary quoted images like we asked please; its just common etiquette

Feb 17, 2009 at 2:08 AM Post #3,803 of 16,305
removed.

Feb 17, 2009 at 6:56 AM Post #3,804 of 16,305
My first DIY attempt. I recabled my Sony SA-3000. I was starting to have the left driver cut in and out and the little wires that connect the left and right drivers also had a split in the insulation so it was time for a recable.

I used Canare Starquad Mini with Neutrik 1/8" plug and ended up converting the phones to dual entry and completely removed the small wire connecting the two drivers.

3287233988_0e98ea0724_b.jpg

3287233880_c48b48f0cf_b.jpg

Feb 17, 2009 at 2:16 PM Post #3,806 of 16,305
Quote:

Originally Posted by qusp /img/forum/go_quote.gif
done, but please edit and break the image tags of unnecessary quoted images like we asked please; its just common etiquette

You giving advice about etiquette is pretty funny, thanks for that.

Feb 17, 2009 at 9:26 PM Post #3,807 of 16,305
If it could be reasonably said that you make cables to sell, you can not post photos of your cables in the DIY forums. Several posts have been deleted that contained photos of products that were either (a) built to sell, and/or (b) posted by someone who makes cables for the purpose of selling them.

I think it's great that some of you do wish to build things for the purpose of selling, but it doing so subjects you to the rules for MOTs (Members of the Trade) here.

Feb 17, 2009 at 9:50 PM Post #3,808 of 16,305
Thanks Jude.
But please state the rules very clearly then as it is still a bit vague to me what is and what is not allowed. There is of course a big difference in advertising your product here and just selling off your DIY cables.

Feb 18, 2009 at 7:09 AM Post #3,809 of 16,305
Quote:

Originally Posted by apatN /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thanks Jude.
But please state the rules very clearly then as it is still a bit vague to me what is and what is not allowed. There is of course a big difference in advertising your product here and just selling off your DIY cables.

There will, in the next two to three days, be a revision of the Rules/Terms of Use, and should explain further what can and can't be done (in the context, for example, of this thread).

There are some people with long lists of feedback from cable sales.

The gist of it will likely be something like this: Any DIYer who wishes to post items she for sale in our free Gear FS/T forums, with the prices clearly stated (and NOT to be edited or deleted after the sale). To advertise such self-made gear in the free Gear FS/T forums, the price must be consistent with nothing more than the price of materials and actual price of shipping. This will allow those who simply enjoy making cabes to recoup their costs by selling what they make. However, if it seems one's prices exceed the actual cost of materials and shipping (and that's for us to determine, based on reasonable assumptions), then the moderating team has the option of notifying the DIY'er in question that his selling activities are more consistent with MOT definitions. "I'm just doing it for beer money!" I've been told. That's MOT. "I'm just doing it for going-out money!" That's MOT. "I'm just doing it to help raise funds to buy my books for next semester." I feel for you, I've been there and done that, but that's MOT.

If a DIY'er who's selling his items refuses to the above requirements--out of a sense of protest or simply a desire not to comply with the above for whatever reason--then that's fine, but he'll be subject to the MOT rules.

Anyone trying to fly under the radar will be subject to MOT rules, and likely given a warning for trying to circumvent these rules (this is assuming he's doing this whilst pimping his cables in big ol' photos in threads like these, for example).

Why, you might ask, do we even have rules that cover this? Because those who are doing it with the intent to profit simply have to follow the same rules others selling gear for profit are subject to.

I'll try to be clearer, more concise in the first release draft of the rules/terms of use covering this.

Feb 18, 2009 at 9:06 AM Post #3,810 of 16,305
resolved thankyou Jude; well first contact at least

Users who are viewing this thread

Back