DIY Cable Gallery!!
Mar 30, 2007 at 11:37 PM Post #2,146 of 16,312
Quote:

Originally Posted by hembergler /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It's fairly flexible due to the small wire gauge. I worried earlier about using solid core wire since it can break, but so far this one has been working just fine. I don't have a true portable setup which I use so I can't do any real world testing of it, but I think it would definitely work. If anything it could probably be a little shorter.

That's good to know. I'm thinking of making silver interconnects for my next (2nd) cable attempt. First one was quite succesful despite crappy build materials (cat5 cable, radioshack plugs, ace hardware heatshrink) but it was a good experience and managed to make the cable work without too much difficulty.

Planning on using it for my portable and with right angled plugs so the strain is not too much when I place the whole system in my pocket...

Mar 31, 2007 at 12:18 AM Post #2,147 of 16,312
Quote:

Originally Posted by skyline889 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Nice one Hembergler! As usual the braid on your cable is absolutely gorgeous. How's the sound with the copper/silver hybrid?

Thanks for the compliment
biggrin.gif
To be quite honest, I don't really hear a difference in cables. I've done some testing, and I've never found a big enough difference for me to believe that what I was hearing is not psychological. I also compared some Canare RCA interconnects to the silver ones I made some time ago, and even then I wasn't convinced I heard a difference. I just like having something to use my soldering iron for.
tongue.gif

Mar 31, 2007 at 9:57 PM Post #2,149 of 16,312
Quote:

Originally Posted by cantsleep /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i havent posted here for a while..
and i wont be able to post any for a while, again
rolleyes.gif

here are my mini to mini and one LOD

Awesome looking cables, cantsleep. Would you mind telling me what kind of cables you used?

Apr 1, 2007 at 2:02 AM Post #2,153 of 16,312
Quote:

Originally Posted by mb3k /img/forum/go_quote.gif
cantsleep, isn't that rediculously expensive?

It isn't so expensive if you know where to look
biggrin.gif

Apr 1, 2007 at 3:50 AM Post #2,154 of 16,312
Quote:

Originally Posted by mb3k /img/forum/go_quote.gif
cantsleep, isn't that rediculously expensive?

it was, at least for the clear teflon ones. but there are some good deals on silver wires, even the clear teflon ones, at hga. (they only had a deal on white teflon ones which were somewhat.. not so appealing, in terms of looks)

you should give it a try, too.

Apr 1, 2007 at 7:02 AM Post #2,156 of 16,312
Quote:

Originally Posted by gotchaforce /img/forum/go_quote.gif
where did you buy those ferrite cores?

I bought them from a privat dealer here in Finland. They are manufactured by Acme.

RF2.jpg

Apr 1, 2007 at 6:43 PM Post #2,157 of 16,312
Quote:

Originally Posted by hembergler /img/forum/go_quote.gif

mini%20to%20mini%202%20silver%201%20copper%20action.jpg

As a sidenote, this cable is incredibly durable. For a test, I pulled as hard as I could on either end, and nothing budged: no broken solder joints, no dislocated braid, nothing. I might have to model my future minis after this one.
biggrin.gif

Hey, nice cable. Another asked, but do you think that the solid core silver would work in a mobile app? I would like to use it, but i dont want the cable to snap. If you could do some testing and let me know that would be great. Thanks.

Apr 2, 2007 at 5:47 AM Post #2,158 of 16,312
Quote:

Originally Posted by rb67 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
My iPod Line Out

DSC_1160sm.jpg

DSC_1162sm.jpg

DUDE THIS IS BAD ASS! thats def some pimp ****... what kinda amp is that?
is that a moded pocket dock?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back