DIY Cable Gallery!!
Nov 11, 2006 at 10:23 PM Post #1,831 of 16,305
Just finished this one. I just took a couple inches of solid core 22 gauge hookup wire and used that.

IMG_2480_edited-1.jpg

Nov 11, 2006 at 10:37 PM Post #1,832 of 16,305
Quote:

Originally Posted by hoosterw
Nice to see my stuff in use and nice work too.

I see you widened the dock cable exit a little.
That is the reason I am presently not using this connector for my own cabling, the exit hole is too small. But for the rest it is a good looking connector!

Yeah, I was afraid the wiring I was using wouldn't fit through the hole with the heatshrink on it, so I enlarged it a bit. Turns out I was right, I'm really happy with how it sounds. I'm not sure I'm going to need to make another one!

Nov 18, 2006 at 6:08 PM Post #1,834 of 16,305
Here's one of my more recent efforts.

69889373.jpg

69889375.jpg

It's a balanced HD650 cable made using Cardas Headphone cable, stock HD650 connectors and Neutrik XLR's. The cable was mainly built for meets so that I can sample both balanced and single-ended offerings. With that it mind I built the matching adapter so I don't have to swap cables mid-meet. Or I might just throw it on the 580s that I picked up the other day!
biggrin.gif

Nov 21, 2006 at 4:34 AM Post #1,836 of 16,305
my 1st cable ever... all ratshack parts...

*ugliness defined:*
photo5sc1.jpg

Nov 21, 2006 at 11:11 AM Post #1,839 of 16,305
Quote:

Originally Posted by cantsleep /img/forum/go_quote.gif
might look better if you put the resisters in the plug..

I'd like to but I couldn't really see where I would fit them. It seems like there's no room. Is there really a way to do that?

Nov 23, 2006 at 3:18 AM Post #1,841 of 16,305
Long-time lurker, first time poster. Being a cable geek, I've really enjoyed seeing all the incredible, creative work being posted here. Just amazing and inspiring, folks!

I've been making ICs for a while and wanted to contribute my recently completed first "finished" speaker cables.

gi.mpl

Home Depot 'HD-14' extension cord, one 3x14ga run per terminal, two runs per side in a light twist, into polished Furutech spades, covered by CleanCut FR Techflex and white heatshrink, individual runs covered in white/red heatshrink

Nov 23, 2006 at 7:09 AM Post #1,842 of 16,305
I did two boring cables again (without any decorations). I need these for my tuner and DVD-player, but I will also make a comparison with my headphone rig to find out which one is better.

The plugs are same on both cables, Neutrik NYS 373. Not very nice plugs, but I guess I'll have to live with them. The blue cable is Tasker C208 (23AWG copper condutors), and the black cable is Cordial CSF 250 (20AWG tinned copper conductors).

kabel1.jpg

kabel2.jpg

Nov 23, 2006 at 10:14 AM Post #1,843 of 16,305
Quote:

Originally Posted by knalb /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'd like to but I couldn't really see where I would fit them. It seems like there's no room. Is there really a way to do that?

hm... that switchcraft is big enough i think..
or..
maybe you can just put one each end; one in male plug and another one in female end..

Nov 23, 2006 at 4:56 PM Post #1,845 of 16,305
Quote:

Originally Posted by Owen Bartley /img/forum/go_quote.gif
awptickes, I really like the flex you used on your "ugly" cables, what is it? And by the way they aren't that bad, and as long as they work, hey, no big deal, right?

It's the black techflex from qables.com. My internet connection here in Nebraska is incredibly slow, so I'll have to spare you the product page link until a later date. 1/4 inch black trans-reflective tech-flex. It does look good. I like the look of the white/clear 1/8 inch they also sell, I put that on a copper mini-mini interconnect the other day, and I'm really happy with it. I'll have to put up some pictures later.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back