Aug 29, 2006 at 4:35 AM Post #1,636 of 16,312
Cantsleep,
That thing is a beast, I've never seen anything like that before
600smile.gif

Hmmm, what exactly is an ohms-adapter?

Aug 29, 2006 at 5:07 AM Post #1,637 of 16,312
Quote:

Originally Posted by hembergler
Now that, is awesome cantsleep. I was actually thinking of making something like that. Which resistors did you use?

Nice work to you too Hevimees, I love the sleeving.

Thank you, I like the sleeve very much as well.

I've been thinking of making myself a pait of Litz braided interconnects. It seems that usually people use teflon insulated wires for that. Is there a reason for this? Could I just use very thin speaker wire for that, and how would it differ from using teflon insulated wires?

I just found this thread and there have been many pictures of beatiful cables. Some day I hope to be as good as some of you.

Aug 29, 2006 at 7:12 AM Post #1,638 of 16,312
Quote:

Originally Posted by mb3k
Cantsleep,
That thing is a beast, I've never seen anything like that before
600smile.gif

Hmmm, what exactly is an ohms-adapter?

it adds extra imp. and it tends to change the sound in some ways.. it works well with IEMs and grados

Aug 30, 2006 at 1:03 AM Post #1,639 of 16,312
Quote:

Originally Posted by cantsleep
it adds extra imp. and it tends to change the sound in some ways.. it works well with IEMs and grados

Maybe a switch that switched between the 3 different resistor combination might have sufficed? But ofcourse, if you did use that method you wouldn't have a make shift camera tripod in the combo also, now would you!?!
biggrin.gif

Aug 31, 2006 at 4:10 AM Post #1,641 of 16,312
Here's a pic of my interconnect cables. Same stuff as my subwoofer cable but with different RCAs, which are WBT clones from Biltema. Otherwise great connectors, but they are hard to solder since the ground connection must be soldered directly to the connectors body.

ic.jpg

Sep 8, 2006 at 6:22 PM Post #1,645 of 16,312
Quote:

Just made 10 cables with Neutrik Profi RCAs, Canare GS-6 cable, and 1/4" nylon covering. Looks and feels great, very flexible.

Best of all, NO HEATSHRINK!!! Seriously, nice clean looking cables. I did a little cable making myself last night when I realized that I didn't have any test cans for the balanced amp that I was building. So now I've got a pair of balanced KSC75s
biggrin.gif

Sep 8, 2006 at 6:23 PM Post #1,646 of 16,312
Quote:

Originally Posted by n_maher
Best of all, NO HEATSHRINK!!! Seriously, nice clean looking cables. I did a little cable making myself last night when I realized that I didn't have any test cans for the balanced amp that I was building. So now I've got a pair of balanced KSC75s
biggrin.gif

Nate, let's see some photos
580smile.gif
Sounds interesting.

Sep 8, 2006 at 6:40 PM Post #1,647 of 16,312
Very nice cables and pics. Also, what camera do you use?

RH

Sep 8, 2006 at 6:50 PM Post #1,648 of 16,312
Quote:

Originally Posted by RH Customs
Very nice cables and pics. Also, what camera do you use?

RH

I still use my old Sony DSC-S85, a great camera, but I'm still in the market for the Nikon D80... ANyways, thanks for the comment

Sep 8, 2006 at 7:02 PM Post #1,649 of 16,312
Quote:

I still use my old Sony DSC-S85, a great camera, but I'm still in the market for the Nikon D80...

It's not the camera that makes the photo, it's the person behind the lens!

I'll shoot a few pictures tonight of the balanced 75's, I also recabled my 35's a week or so ago so those are do to be shot as well. Now if only progress on the amp was going better
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back