DIY Cable Gallery!!
Nov 11, 2005 at 11:51 PM Post #1,187 of 16,305
Quote:

Originally Posted by skyskraper
engima, nice work. what amp are u driving those grado's with?

Its planning ahead
icon10.gif

Nov 12, 2005 at 12:21 AM Post #1,188 of 16,305
you hacked up the stock cable? I wasn't too fond of it so replaced the whole thing on mine. a balanced PS1 sounds great though.
cool.gif

there are so many balanced PS1's around compared to its production run. possibly the highest ratio of balanced headphones to the available stock?

Nov 12, 2005 at 12:23 AM Post #1,189 of 16,305
Quote:

Originally Posted by ayt999
you hacked up the stock cable? I wasn't too fond of it so replaced the whole thing on mine. a balanced PS1 sounds great though.
cool.gif

there are so many balanced PS1's around compared to its production run. possibly the highest ratio of balanced headphones to the available stock?

It just thought they suffered a bit from lack of bass control... aside from that I cant really pick out any gripes with them... Think a balanced amp will greatly help them out... we shall find out this weekend at the ohio meet. I also made some 75ohm extensions which helped the bass a bit as well.

Nov 12, 2005 at 12:27 AM Post #1,190 of 16,305
I suppose the recable helps a bit, but its the extra control you get with the balanced amp that really seems to make a difference.

I just don't like the look and build of the stock cable, that's all.
tongue.gif

Nov 12, 2005 at 12:30 AM Post #1,191 of 16,305
Quote:

Originally Posted by ayt999
I suppose the recable helps a bit, but its the extra control you get with the balanced amp that really seems to make a difference.

I just don't like the look and build of the stock cable, that's all.
tongue.gif

Beats Senns
icon10.gif
...although Grado uses PVC for the wire and it melts super easy.

Nov 13, 2005 at 5:59 AM Post #1,195 of 16,305
Quote:

Originally Posted by grandenigma1
Reterminated PS-1s to dual 3 pin XLRs with XLR to 1/4" adapter
smily_headphones1.gif

DSC01503.jpg

basshead.gif
basshead.gif
basshead.gif
basshead.gif
basshead.gif
basshead.gif

I cant believe you altered the ps-1s! Isnt there a rule against modding any headphones of that level!

Evil! jk...

If I had headphones like that I would leave it as close to stock as possible and store them in an air tight lock box with velvet lining when not in use.

I wouldnt mind modding the sr-60s however.

nice to know $1k+ grado headphones still get the pizza box treatment.

Nov 21, 2005 at 7:11 AM Post #1,198 of 16,305
Nice james! When can I expect a mall-fi ad
biggrin.gif

Nov 21, 2005 at 8:20 AM Post #1,199 of 16,305
James, how do those RCA connectors work for you? Ive tried those before but had issues getting them to seat properly into the input jacks. Have you ever experienced any problems?

Nov 21, 2005 at 2:30 PM Post #1,200 of 16,305
Quote:

Originally Posted by Teerawit
Nice james! When can I expect a mall-fi ad
biggrin.gif

Thanks, yeah i was thinking if i have some more free time i will make a couple to sale.
biggrin.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by RnB180
James, how do those RCA connectors work for you? Ive tried those before but had issues getting them to seat properly into the input jacks. Have you ever experienced any problems?

Them RCA are okay, I like the quality and look, but the design for installation are poor. the last pair i did i had trouble with the screw which won't go down all the way due to the thin layer that hold the screw. this second pair i don't have that problem but not having any place to solder the ground i usually solder near the wall of the connector and end up have a little solder outside i have to file it away. seem to do the trick so far. other than that i will continue to use them they're perfect for canare size cable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back