DIY Cable Gallery!!
Jun 24, 2013 at 7:16 PM Post #12,151 of 16,306
You'll have to strip the cable. Which is a good idea anyway since the jacket and shielding add a lot of weight.

(Fun fact: If you're using mini-quad and don't want to spend time on a 4-strand braid, just strip the shielding and jacket and sleeve the result. The wires are twisted together in an approximately Litz pattern and they'll hold together pretty well)

Jun 24, 2013 at 9:19 PM Post #12,156 of 16,306
ohhh. I'm in the USA. fooey.
Check with lunashops.com lots of connectors there, but 4 weeks delivery with regular shipping. :D

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using Tapatalk 2

Jun 25, 2013 at 11:29 AM Post #12,159 of 16,306
Quote:
I usually use this place for connectors: www.redco.com. The Amphenol 3.5's are pretty decent.

Redco is a great place and they ship quickly.  I actually placed a cable order with them yesterday and it shipped yesterday about an hour after the order was submitted.

I haven't been able to find the REAN-type mini-xlr plugs for a decent price anywhere but MarkerTek (their shipping is a bit high, but their CS is good).  Parts-Express also has a decent selection.

Jun 25, 2013 at 7:21 PM Post #12,160 of 16,306
Quote:
Check with lunashops.com lots of connectors there, but 4 weeks delivery with regular shipping.
biggrin.gif

ooo! that's what I'm looking for.
I know about Redco and Neutrik/Switchcraft/Amphenol.

On this site there is Yarbo, ViaBlue, LvYuna, Palic, Ranko, etc. nice.

I wonder where I might find a Furutech FT-763 connector...

*edit*
These guys have them: http://www.partsconnexion.com/

Jun 25, 2013 at 7:48 PM Post #12,161 of 16,306
Also try these guys. Not stocked all the time, but you can email them for something in particular.

http://www.usbargainsound.com/

Jun 25, 2013 at 7:49 PM Post #12,162 of 16,306
Quote:
Check with lunashops.com lots of connectors there, but 4 weeks delivery with regular shipping.
biggrin.gif

ooo! that's what I'm looking for.
I know about Redco and Neutrik/Switchcraft/Amphenol.

On this site there is Yarbo, ViaBlue, LvYuna, Palic, Ranko, etc. nice.

I wonder where I might find a Furutech FT-763 connector...

*edit*
These guys have them: http://www.partsconnexion.com/
Yes many nice connectors, I don't know how many are knockoffs though... Hopefully none.

Jun 25, 2013 at 8:12 PM Post #12,163 of 16,306
Quote:
Yes many nice connectors, I don't know how many are knockoffs though... Hopefully none.

It seems there are quite a few knockoffs. You just have to read the page and it will say "made by a third party seller". Which I interpret as "knockoff". Not everything is a knockoff though. There are some that say "original seller" and comments like that on the items. 

Jun 25, 2013 at 8:16 PM Post #12,164 of 16,306
I don't see anything for Yarbo one way or the other.

Second thing's second. Anyone know of a good place to buy twisted headphone wire with braided jacket?

If I were to braid my own wire, I only need 3 wires, correct? and what awg is best for headphones?

I'm going to be modding my MDR-7506 cans to have  a headphone jack and a couple cable lengths to plug into it, depending on what I'm doing.

I'm not sure the retention screw for a panel mount jack will fit where the cable out is I think maybe the "Philmore 504kb" is possibly the smallest/best candidate . Maybe it's time to try sugru...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back