DITA - The Answer (Truth Edition).
Aug 22, 2014 at 12:41 AM Post #781 of 1,451

WHY OH WHY do that to yourself... just enjoy the music...  

true...  

I always do it for the final seal of approval. I haven't listened to Hugo for 4 week too. Once they pass that test they got my full love.

I hope to add dita to my er4s list.

Sadly ck100pro failed to impress me after a while of not using it.

But, I do the same thing. I have to separate the novelty from the great. The men from the boys. Taking a break provides a whole different perspective. And if they pass the test, I end up loving them more. If not, they get sold. Actually having a tiny bit of a hard time reconnecting with the Truth. I want to hear the Answer again. 

Aug 25, 2014 at 12:18 AM Post #782 of 1,451
I did this too while awaiting delivery of a new 3.5mm plug for my Ditas (I soldered a smaller profile one on to fit through my iPhone 5's Cleave bumper).
I was Dita-less for about 5 weeks and had to revert to listening to my AU$32 Xiaomi Pistons (which are surprisingly good mind you).

I got the Ditas running though and I was in heaven again.

Aug 25, 2014 at 2:35 PM Post #783 of 1,451
I own a pair of The Answer since 3 weeks and will probably order shortly a Truth Edition pair.
I won't paraphrase what has been said about their more everything than other IEMs.
Everytime I listen with them (aiff files trough ibasso DX100 or ipad2/odac/O2 combo), I am astonished by the immediacy, the density and the texture of voices, instruments or electronic sounds. In my experience, it is something I have never heard that good before.
Very well done, Dita! Even if seal and isolation are not on par with the quality of the sound (at least, for me)...

Aug 25, 2014 at 5:09 PM Post #784 of 1,451
I actually do the same thing as you guys - I take a break for a few weeks after listening to earphones, to an amp, or whatever. Why? I like to call it the "Titanic" effect. When I saw the movie "Titanic" I came out of the theater thinking this movie was the greatest thing since sliced bread. After several weeks (or perhaps months) I saw it again. I kicked myself for thinking that "Titanic" was all that. In fact, I didn't even like it much at all. Somehow I must have bought into all the hype. 

My POINT is... when I get a new pair of earphones I'm excited. I try my best to be honest and analytical and just listen to the music. For the most part I feel I do a pretty good and honest job of that. But taking a break gives me time to lose that new purchase candy coating. It enables me to go back to something later, re-evaluate it, and see if my feelings have changed. Sometimes they do and sometimes they don't. Sometimes they sound better, believe it or not. Sometimes they sound worse. And like some of the other contributors have said, this determines whether or not I hold onto something for the long haul or decide to sell them. 

I can honestly say that for the time being (probably a considerable amount of time) I will be keeping the DITA Truth Edition IEMs. I absolutely love them now just as much as I did when I was first evaluating them. For me, that's actually saying a lot. 

Aug 25, 2014 at 9:34 PM Post #785 of 1,451
Just listening to mine now with some Disclosure Project (deep house).
It's a little loud but not fatiguing in any way.
Full of deep, bassy energy, sweet, full mids, and clear, airy highs all in a big and expansive sound filled sphere around me.

Aug 27, 2014 at 2:48 PM Post #786 of 1,451
Just listening to mine now with some Disclosure Project (deep house).
It's a little loud but not fatiguing in any way.
Full of deep, bassy energy, sweet, full mids, and clear, airy highs all in a big and expansive sound filled sphere around me.

Happy to hear that deep house is also very enjoyable with these IEMs.
I am also able to listen very loud which means no sign of distorsion.
I know that the sound is so damn good but take care to your ears, buddy!

Sep 6, 2014 at 10:49 PM Post #790 of 1,451
Without a doubt the dita truth is the most pleasing and enjoyable IEM I have in my collection. I like its tuning more than IE800, TH900 and EX-1000. I am going to get a hold of K3003 soon going to be an interesting to see how it compares against that.

Sep 7, 2014 at 5:34 AM Post #791 of 1,451
  Without a doubt the dita truth is the most pleasing and enjoyable IEM I have in my collection. I like its tuning more than IE800, TH900 and EX-1000. I am going to get a hold of K3003 soon going to be an interesting to see how it compares against that.

I will be very interested in that comparison. The K3003 is a set i have been thinking about buying for ages...

Sep 7, 2014 at 5:40 AM Post #792 of 1,451

I will be very interested in that comparison. The K3003 is a set i have been thinking about buying for ages...

I am crossing my fingers to get the price I want. K3003 is the set I wanted to get before IE800, dita or any other stuff I bought and for some reason I still have not done so.

I think the cohesive comments plus the bad experience had with asg-2 left me avoiding them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back