DITA - The Answer (Truth Edition).
Sep 10, 2014 at 4:40 PM Post #811 of 1,451
Got the k3003 and so far I see k3003 as no real challenge to dita truth. However more time is needed.

If I could figure out a proper setup review format I love to do a comparative review of ie800, k3003, dita truth,ckr10 and ex-1000.

I believe ckr10 is a great value and can really hold its ground.

Sep 10, 2014 at 6:18 PM Post #813 of 1,451
It's pretty early on AN's behalf. I felt the K3003 stacked up to the DITAs just fine. The treble timbre is better on the K3K than both DITAs, but the DITAs compete very well for the price. I preferred the Answer to the Truth though

Sep 10, 2014 at 7:49 PM Post #815 of 1,451
A $1,300 iem can't compare to a $900 one?

I believe that if you read more of the thread you would realise that one reason why the ditas are so popular is because even though they are not exorbitantly expensive (still expensive though) they compete with and even outperform many much more expensive iems, even the top ciems. They are at the very least at the same level. Especially if you like how dynamic drivers sound, these will be near unmatchable by most BAs because most BAs sound very different from dynamics.

Sep 10, 2014 at 9:05 PM Post #816 of 1,451
Dita can come a little treble happy but it is only depends on the album.

What keeps me happy is how the bass decays. It is the right speed and quantity.

Sep 10, 2014 at 10:03 PM Post #817 of 1,451
Dita can come a little treble happy but it is only depends on the album.

What keeps me happy is how the bass decays. It is the right speed and quantity.

And don't forget tonal accuracy. So many IEMs (especially BAs) don't sound like real music whilst the DITAs do.

Sep 10, 2014 at 10:35 PM Post #819 of 1,451
I believe that if you read more of the thread you would realise that one reason why the ditas are so popular is because even though they are not exorbitantly expensive (still expensive though) they compete with and even outperform many much more expensive iems, even the top ciems. They are at the very least at the same level. Especially if you like how dynamic drivers sound, these will be near unmatchable by most BAs because most BAs sound very different from dynamics.

No, don't get me wrong. I'm one of those people who thinks the AKGs are a little overpriced (Even though it's been years).

I'm using a Sony XBA-H3 right now; I've never had a top tier dynamic only driver.

Can you explain to me how BAs sound different from dynamics? (Keep in mind k3003 is a hybrid)

Sep 10, 2014 at 10:46 PM Post #820 of 1,451
No, don't get me wrong. I'm one of those people who thinks the AKGs are a little overpriced (Even though it's been years).

I'm using a Sony XBA-H3 right now; I've never had a top tier dynamic only driver.

Can you explain to me how BAs sound different from dynamics? (Keep in mind k3003 is a hybrid)

Haha shigzeo isnt gonna agree with me on this one. Perhaps its just the tuning, but not having prior knowledge of how earphones are made and tuned, do take what i say with a pinch of salt. Many BA iems, even top tier ones that i have tried, sound very shouty in the upper midrange and not smooth and refined. BUT thats really just my opinion. However im not saying that i havent heard great BAs which to me do not have those problems because to me the fitears sound remarkable. To me, dynamic drivers sound more organic and natural than BAs.

Sep 11, 2014 at 3:02 AM Post #821 of 1,451
... To me, dynamic drivers sound more organic and natural than BAs.

Generally, I most definitely agree. Then the LAB I came along and ripped all that to shreds.

But I overwhelmingly like dynamics over BAs. I don't think I have any all-BA IEMs anymore, except for Final Audio BAs, which are an exception.

While DITA can come a little treble happy, I never found it irritating in level. But there is some weird tuning in there that sounds awkward. That's my biggest issue with them. But they are still one of my all-time favorites, and an absolute best-in-show dynamic.

Sep 11, 2014 at 3:12 AM Post #822 of 1,451
Generally, I most definitely agree. Then the LAB I came along and ripped all that to shreds.

But I overwhelmingly like dynamics over BAs. I don't think I have any all-BA IEMs anymore, except for Final Audio BAs, which are an exception.

While DITA can come a little treble happy, I never found it irritating in level. But there is some weird tuning in there that sounds awkward. That's my biggest issue with them. But they are still one of my all-time favorites, and an absolute best-in-show dynamic.

The lab 1s i thought were great but with othe FADs, not so much to my liking. I think the fitears though perform exceptionally well, the 333, 335dwsr and i personally liked the melomanes as well

Sep 12, 2014 at 1:26 PM Post #824 of 1,451
After many months, I must say I'm still loving the DITAs. I occasionally take breaks from the DITAs but every time I return, I really really enjoy the sound. The tone is very realistic, and the soundstage, timbre, vocals and overall balance are simply amazing. 

And that's the Answer btw, which i prefer to the Truth as well. 

Sep 12, 2014 at 5:54 PM Post #825 of 1,451
  After many months, I must say I'm still loving the DITAs. I occasionally take breaks from the DITAs but every time I return, I really really enjoy the sound. The tone is very realistic, and the soundstage, timbre, vocals and overall balance are simply amazing. 

And that's the Answer btw, which i prefer to the Truth as well. 

Same here....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back