DITA - The Answer (Truth Edition).
Jun 23, 2014 at 8:25 AM Post #676 of 1,451
Earlier in the thread Currawong suggested GENTLY using a hairdryer If you have any annoying twirls in your early edition DITA Truth cable.

I ventured finally to try this tonight, nice and straight now, tomorrow the train test.

Going to go from the large bore tips to the large bore double flange.

So far with a decent amount of burn-in the larger bored are sounding the best to my ears.

Do you mind posting some pictures of the cable? At the moment I wouldn't dare using a hairdryer on the DITAs, not even gently.......

personally I like using earhooks but DITAs Fat Cable are just to thick to align with my Phonak Audeo earhooks I normally use for the PFE-232. Looking for adequate earhooks, open to suggestions :rolleyes:

Thanks!

Jun 23, 2014 at 9:44 PM Post #677 of 1,451
Do you mind posting some pictures of the cable? At the moment I wouldn't dare using a hairdryer on the DITAs, not even gently.......

Thanks!

No need posting pictures for this imho, the cable has gone from twisting serpentine like (But remember I got an early production version from DITA, no intended for sale in shops) to being straight.

If I hold the ear pieces the cable hangs vertically straight down (allowing for a small curve near the earpieces to fit the ears).

No damage to the cable, just refinement.

If you cable is fine as is and doesnt curl when in use, then no need for the hairdryer treatment.

I hope my description without pictures is satisfactory, If not I will add pictures.

regards.

Jun 24, 2014 at 11:19 AM Post #679 of 1,451
After burn in about 40 hours my DITA gold prototype with TRRS plug open up the clarity

Source : ak 240
Iem : DITA Gold prototype with TRRS plug

High : is open up more crisp and very good in detail
Mid : very sweet and has better clarity and better pronounce than out the box
Bass : very good in detail and very clean bass , very good bass impact
Separation : open up to better way , I love it more
Soundstage : wider and deeper too after 40 hours burn in
Background : very black background
Noise : almost zero noise level

IMO

Jun 24, 2014 at 11:36 AM Post #680 of 1,451
Can we get the Answer re cabled ? Or does it mean buying another set ?

Jun 24, 2014 at 11:40 AM Post #681 of 1,451
After burn in about 40 hours my DITA gold prototype with TRRS plug open up the clarity

Source : ak 240
Iem : DITA Gold prototype with TRRS plug

High : is open up more crisp and very good in detail
Mid : very sweet and has better clarity and better pronounce than out the box
Bass : very good in detail and very clean bass , very good bass impact
Separation : open up to better way , I love it more
Soundstage : wider and deeper too after 40 hours burn in
Background : very black background
Noise : almost zero noise level

IMO

Damn! :O Looking good.
Im sorry but I have to ask this question, what do you do for a living? Also where can I apply and get as much money as you :p

Jun 25, 2014 at 3:16 PM Post #684 of 1,451
Everything about these sounds very intriguing. I was waiting for a company (had high hopes for Sennheiser) to put their minds to make a proper (linear) dynamic IEM. I'd love to see some graphs...

Jun 25, 2014 at 3:30 PM Post #685 of 1,451
No need posting pictures........

If you cable is fine as is and doesnt curl when in use, then no need for the hairdryer treatment.

I hope my description without pictures is satisfactory, If not I will add pictures.

regards.

You are right, I don't need it then, thanks anyway.
Wearing the cables over the ear I still need some reinforcement or earhooks to keep the cables in the right shape. Would have been nice to have a permanent solution for this.
Ideas anyone?

Jun 26, 2014 at 1:13 AM Post #686 of 1,451
Hello Everyone.
You are right, I don't need it then, thanks anyway.
Wearing the cables over the ear I still need some reinforcement or earhooks to keep the cables in the right shape. Would have been nice to have a permanent solution for this.
Ideas anyone?

Hi there,

Just above the splitter is a trapezoid shaped moulded piece of rubber/plastic.  It actually slides up and down the cables.  When fully returned to it's original position, it may be hard to notice that it actually serves any purpose.  For users that experience some difficulty keeping the cables behind the ear, they can slide this chin stop up a bit more and that should help keep the cables behind the ear.  Hope that helps.

D.

Jun 26, 2014 at 1:25 AM Post #687 of 1,451
Does anybody know if Dita sells extras of their tips? I find that the medium opening single flange is clearly superior to any of the other tips, and I would like to have extras on hand just in case. This tip also sounds best on my Zero Audio Tenore, so a few more would be great.

Jun 26, 2014 at 6:05 AM Post #689 of 1,451
Hi ExpatinJapan

Please try Ortofon silicon ear tips , so far SQ is the best to my ears
biggrin.gif

Ortofon tips arrived today. I got L sized, couldnt see any LL size on offer.

I will try them out tomorrow.

Jun 26, 2014 at 8:21 AM Post #690 of 1,451
The Sony tips sound similar to the medium bore tips.

Thanks! I guess I should have mentioned that their medium bore tips sound better to me than everything else I have on hand too, which includes Ortofon, and Sony Hybrids (that's to my ears, of course). I went through all my tip options when I first got the Dita, actually trying my other brand tips first... and when I got back to their tips that medium opening single flange was a noticeable jump up from any other in sound quality. Bigger stage, more dynamic and extended at each end, more connected through the mids.... everything. I also got the same sound quality differential with their tips on the Tenore.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back