DITA - The Answer (Truth Edition).
Jun 15, 2014 at 9:40 AM Post #646 of 1,451
How is the sound of EQ-8?
The most challenging iem to find a perfect syengy for it. Heard distortion with all my amp quickly, it is very pesky and will let you hear bad amp. Only with O2 it sounded fine but only until I had it under 11.

Once all was set it is one incredibly open and wide sounding iem. It had an extended bass but did not had the same impact as dita. Sounded more open than dita, dita has a more organic sense to it.

Jun 15, 2014 at 9:32 PM Post #649 of 1,451
I've asked my friend Music to try the Answer with his V200. He didn't note any difference vs. his ZX1

Jun 15, 2014 at 9:36 PM Post #650 of 1,451
The DITA's are too sensitive for stuff like that to make a difference, they sound so good straight out of anything that I rarely need to amp them. 

When you do amp them you usually get a lightly fuller mid bass, but the rest of the spectrum seems to be unchanged. 

Jun 17, 2014 at 4:52 PM Post #651 of 1,451
Been reading this thread and i'm very interested and might buy a pair (not decided which yet).

I'm loving my EX1000, but because of their bad isolation and the fact that you can't wear them outside if there is the slightest amount of wind blowing, i'm looking for something similar but also portable.

It seems from reading comments that although not exactly the same sound signature wise the DITA:s are close and i would like them, right? :)
Please convince me so i have a reason to order :)

I will be pairing them with my HUGO feed of an ipod touch.

BTW which of the two versions would be closest to the EX1000?

Jun 17, 2014 at 9:04 PM Post #652 of 1,451
In regards to using a quality DAC with the Dita, it is more the sound quality and getting the best of the Dita I interested in. For example, in this REVIEW of the Sennheiser IE800, the reviewer notes that to get the best out of the IE800 IEMs, a good amplifier is needed. Although the reviewer was writing about finding portable amps of suitable quality, the same would apply to desktop amps. So, although the Dita can be powered successfully by a portable rig, I reckon the best of what the Dita can offer will be found with a fully realised headphone amp (or DAC/combo).

This 'new' breed of IEMs are in a new league of quality and deserve to be tethered to amps of similar stature - the result? A true high end audio setup. Violectric V200? Resonessence Labs Concero HP?

Jun 19, 2014 at 8:47 AM Post #653 of 1,451
Trying out different tips.

The sound signature changes overtime.

My first choice was the reference tips, now i have many hours on them i am finding
The large bore tips to be quite good.

Jun 19, 2014 at 2:21 PM Post #655 of 1,451
Yesterday i got The chance to try for The First Time DITA Truth In Gold Color and With balance TRRS plug For AK 240 as Prototype .
I am very Happy that i can try The First Ever In THE World Prototype DITA Truth In Gold Color With TRRS balance plug For AK 240 .
I would like to say Thank you to My Friend Desmond from DITA SINGAPORE that i got as First person to hear their First DITA Truth with balance TRRS plug For AK 240 .
I would like to say Thank you to Sid Malhotra , james and Kristy to bring DITA Truth Gold Edition With balance TRRS to Me.
Source : AK 240
Iem : Prototype DITA Truth Gold Edition With TRRS plug
Eartips : Ortofon large tips is The best For Me

Desmond claire First Ever as Prototype In The World With TRRS plug Edition for
AK 240 .

Out The box impression DITA Truth Gold Edition With TRRS plug Prototype

High : very Good In detail and pronounce , i need more Burn in about 500
Hours like Sid DITA Truth Black Color , to get more clarity in tbe
High presentation

Mid : This The strong Point from DITA truth Gold or black , The mid is
Very sweet and forward With excellent pronounce .

Bass : Out the box the bass presentation is not like The DITA truth black ,
The DITA Gold has very Good in detail but less impact and clarity
Compare to The DITA black With 500 Hours Burn in.

Separation : out the box is very Good , but the DITA black has better music
Separation .

Soundstage : With balance cable has wider and better Depth , it has more
3 D presentation .

Background : very black back Ground noise .

Overall
the DITA truth Gold Edition With TRRS plug has more weight and has Fuller sound compare To the DITA black SIngle Ended cable .
I believe After 500 Hours Burn in With TRRS plug has better music separation and the soundstage more 3 D
The DITA truth is very Good For Audiophile music ,jazz vokal , country music
I Think DITA Gold With TRRS plug as Prototype is One of the best single Dynamic Driver i Ever heard .

IMO

Jun 19, 2014 at 8:11 PM Post #656 of 1,451
Hey rudi0504,

Thanks for posting. I am loving the Dita Truth out of the AK240 in SE mode. Stuff like Dexter Gordon's "Go" in Hi Rez sounds wonderful. Probably the best sounds i have heard so far from this combination have been Marc Moulin's "Top Secret" Album. There is loads of ambience and depth to the stage and such wonderful clarity. It is a great recording anyway but this combo really helps it shine. 

I am wondering now if it is worth going balanced, First though a Hugo ....maybe.  

Jun 19, 2014 at 8:45 PM Post #657 of 1,451
Hey rudi0504,

Thanks for posting. I am loving the Dita Truth out of the AK240 in SE mode. Stuff like Dexter Gordon's "Go" in Hi Rez sounds wonderful. Probably the best sounds i have heard so far from this combination have been Marc Moulin's "Top Secret" Album. There is loads of ambience and depth to the stage and such wonderful clarity. It is a great recording anyway but this combo really helps it shine. 

I am wondering now if it is worth going balanced, First though a Hugo ....maybe.  

You are welcome
In the near Future , They launch adapter TRRS balance to SE
If you like AK 240 as Your source , For sure you Will like balance TRRS
And you can add Hugo. This would ne per effect combo

Jun 19, 2014 at 9:02 PM Post #658 of 1,451
You are welcome

Hey Rudi,  

Who is "THEY" ? Do you mean DITA ?

Jun 19, 2014 at 10:15 PM Post #660 of 1,451
You are welcome

Isn't that even using TRRS balance to SE adapter, you will still get unbalanced signal? 
If I remember correctly, to maintain a balanced signal, it requires balanced from end to end, from amp to cable connector.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back