DITA - The Answer (Truth Edition).
Jun 8, 2014 at 9:14 PM Post #616 of 1,451
I agree their shipping out service on the front end is exemplary. I received my Truth in two days as well. I just think it's absurd you have to eat $350 if you want to process a return, and people should be aware. That bit is just not right....

Jun 8, 2014 at 10:31 PM Post #617 of 1,451
I'm using my dx90 LO to Headamp Pico Power for my Answer non Truth. It's sound phenomenal. It doesn't seem to pair as well with my Filio X5 though. I am going to have to try my Concero HP, although I bet it will sound similar to the dx90 as they use the same ess chip. I'm very impressed with these iems, buy far my favourite so far.

Edit. Holy smokes the Concero HP playing through Amarra definitely adds to the sub bass quantity. Along the lines of my SE-846. They still are very well balanced though, the mids are not drowned out at all, they are still very clear and detailed. I didn't think these would be capable of this kind of sub bass:)

We use Resonessence Labs products in our reference rigs and if you look at the coverage of the Fujiya Avic Headphone Festival, you'll note that we travel with the Invicta.  You are getting a very good match with the Concero HP. 

Jun 8, 2014 at 10:37 PM Post #618 of 1,451
  We use Resonessence Labs products in our reference rigs and if you look at the coverage of the Fujiya Avic Headphone Festival, you'll note that we travel with the Invicta.  You are getting a very good match with the Concero HP. 

Can you guys possibly look into finding a suitable reference portable setup for your IEM, something that you guys believe is best representing the sound you guys were after?

Thanks in advance. 

Jun 8, 2014 at 10:58 PM Post #620 of 1,451
  Can you guys possibly look into finding a suitable reference portable setup for your IEM, something that you guys believe is best representing the sound you guys were after?

Thanks in advance. 

Plus one... A very good idea especially since these are keepers. I for one want to squeeze the last drop of audio goodness from them.

For me that would be the best single chassis player. AK240 ? Calyx M ? HiFiman 901 ? Go on spend the money o help us all out
biggrin.gif

Recently the Calyx M is sounding better (see thread) in terms of SQ. 

Jun 8, 2014 at 11:01 PM Post #621 of 1,451

My TRUTH arrived within two days of ordering so no complaints what so ever from me. In general i think their service is exemplary. 

That is rotten bad luck re the JVCs. I hope for your sake it is a mistake and they do respond. I had a similar thing happen with my Noble 4 order. It got delivered and signed for some 3000 klms from where i live but it did get sorted in the end.

I have had my TRUTH for a month and half now and am absolutely loving the sound. They are the most natural sounding IEM i have owned and the bass is terrific. Getting a consistently good seal is an issue though. I think i need a long large sized tip. Something like westone star (but they won't fit) Anybody have suggestions ? 

I am in the same boat with my HA-FX850's - need a wide and long tip like Westones - I am listening to some Auvios I got at Radio Shack today - so far so good - I have some seal and some big bass out of these - took a Q-Tip with water and wet the silicone a tiny bit.... but probably not the final answer.

Also went to Staples - saw the Monster Gel/Foam starter kit - the largest of the foams looks pretty wide, but most importantly, longer than most tips - similar to Westone.. Now I wasn't going to pay $24.99 for one pair of foam tips... I managed to find a set of large ones at Amazon - will have them on Wednesday.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B003TFEHM0/ref=pe_385040_30332200_TE_item

Jun 8, 2014 at 11:20 PM Post #622 of 1,451
  I am in the same boat with my HA-FX850's - need a wide and long tip like Westones - I am listening to some Auvios I got at Radio Shack today - so far so good - I have some seal and some big bass out of these - took a Q-Tip with water and wet the silicone a tiny bit.... but probably not the final answer.

Also went to Staples - saw the Monster Gel/Foam starter kit - the largest of the foams looks pretty wide, but most importantly, longer than most tips - similar to Westone.. Now I wasn't going to pay $24.99 for one pair of foam tips... I managed to find a set of large ones at Amazon - will have them on Wednesday.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B003TFEHM0/ref=pe_385040_30332200_TE_item

Thanks. I have been looking at the monsters for a while too. I think i will give them a try.

Jun 8, 2014 at 11:29 PM Post #623 of 1,451

Thanks. I have been looking at the monsters for a while too. I think i will give them a try.

I think they come in a brutally ugly color - silver... we will see on Wednesday 
biggrin.gif

Jun 8, 2014 at 11:35 PM Post #624 of 1,451

Plus one... A very good idea especially since these are keepers. I for one want to squeeze the last drop of audio goodness from them.

For me that would be the best single chassis player. AK240 ? Calyx M ? HiFiman 901 ? Go on spend the money o help us all out
biggrin.gif

Recently the Calyx M is sounding better (see thread) in terms of SQ. 

What got me hooked is their bass, it reminds me of the 1+2. It was a long ago when I heard it so cant decide which one is better but for me Ditta is also certain keeper. I

Jun 9, 2014 at 12:22 AM Post #625 of 1,451

Thanks Ditti, I am trying the Concero HP again now that I have about 30 hours break in with the Answers. It is a really good pairing imo.  I have been using the iBasso DX90 LO to Pico Power and I find it is a very good match as well. The Concero HP seems a little warmer with a more intimate soundstage imo.  

Has anyone tried the Vorzuge Pure ii with the Answers?  I have one on order and I am hoping it is even better than the Pico Power with the DX90 and Ditas.

Jun 9, 2014 at 12:23 AM Post #626 of 1,451
I think shsh has the DITA/Pure II combo. Might wanna try asking him

Jun 9, 2014 at 12:32 AM Post #627 of 1,451
I think shsh has the DITA/Pure II combo. Might wanna try asking him

Thanks:)  I think I had quoted him and asked him on the Pure II thread yesterday, but no reply yet.  Oh well, hopefully I'll be able to hear for myself by the end of the week.  Plus I'd assume the source pairing would also make a difference for how the Pure II would sound as well.

I see you have both the Truth and the Answer... What do you prefer The Truth or the Answer version of the Ditas?

Jun 9, 2014 at 12:42 AM Post #628 of 1,451
Pure II is supposed to be a completely linear/transparent amp so I hope you've got a pretty good source. Anyhow, I honestly couldn't tell much of a difference between the two of them in short A/B sessions. I didn't spend much time with it to be honest. I sold the Truth in a day to fund a UERM purchase and to put towards a DX90 for my K812

Jun 9, 2014 at 12:50 AM Post #629 of 1,451
  Thanks:)  I think I had quoted him and asked him on the Pure II thread yesterday, but no reply yet.  Oh well, hopefully I'll be able to hear for myself by the end of the week.  Plus I'd assume the source pairing would also make a difference for how the Pure II would sound as well.

I see you have both the Truth and the Answer... What do you prefer The Truth or the Answer version of the Ditas?

Sorry, I did not really A/B them as I am quite busy due to my upcoming exams. There is a noticeable increase in SQ in my heaven 6. I haven't really tried on the Dita. I will let you know again. I'm mostly using my Fostex HP A4.

Jun 9, 2014 at 12:57 AM Post #630 of 1,451
Pure II is supposed to be a completely linear/transparent amp so I hope you've got a pretty good source. Anyhow, I honestly couldn't tell much of a difference between the two of them in short A/B sessions. I didn't spend much time with it to be honest. I sold the Truth in a day to fund a UERM purchase and to put towards a DX90 for my K812

Ok Thanks.. I was going to pair the Pure II with my DX90 or X5... Most likely the DX 90.  I find the Pico Power is quite linear and transparent as well so I might not even see much if any improvement.  A day lol, they didn't have much break in then.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back